Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who use new technologies, dynamic insights and over 154 years of experience to connect farmers with markets, customers with ingredients, and people and animals with the food they need to thrive.
Job Purpose and Impact
The Site - Environmental Health and Safety Manager is a subject matter authority in environmental, health and safety compliance. In this role, you will develop, implement, and maintain processes and programs built to assure compliance with existing federal, state and local regulations and requirements for a very complex operation with two or more highly hazardous processes, high serious injuries and fatality and serious environmental event potential.
- Develop/revise annual and 3 year plans to meet business needs. These plans need to be developed based on Center of Excellence) COE requirements, identified continuous Improvement (CI) projects and regulatory needs.
- Lead action plans by identifying potential emergency situations, creating emergency communication plans that addresses operation or business disruptions, recovery and social media and testing and validating the emergency action plans.
- Promote environmental, health and safety culture through training and education solutions related to environmental, health and safety issues, practices and risks, coaching others as the need arises.
- Prepare and execute audits and ensure compliance with legal and other requirements are met.
- Conduct incident investigations based on incident classification and liaise with engineers, management and health and safety regulatory authorities to identify causes of accidents and prevent their recurrence.
- Identify and review hazard, risk and opportunities on an ongoing and proactive basis and ensure that appropriate follow up actions are being implemented.
- Lead and develop a team, coach and make decisions related to talent management, hiring, performance, and disciplinary actions.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Post Bachelor Education Hogere Veiligheidskunde (safety engineering)
- Minimum of four years of related work experience
- Fluent in Dutch and English
- A master or bachelor degree in chemical engineering, mechanical engineering, bio-chemical engineering, electrical engineering (or similar)
- Preferably 8 or 10+ years of related work experience including consolidated people management experience, preferably in process industry
- Knowledge of quality assurance systems and processes (like HACCP ISO 9001,ISO 14001, ISO 45001, ISO 50001)
- Familiar with the Deltalinqs Red Booklet (Rode Boekje), CoPI (Commando Plaats Incident), Seveso (BRZO) standards and DCMR.
- Strong stakeholder management skills and business acumen
- Excellent conceptual, analytical and priority management skills
- Result oriented, constructive, pragmatic, able to challenge status-quo and think out of the box
- Able to federate cross-functional teams and drive them towards objectives
In return for your expertise and commitment, we will provide a fast paced stimulating international environment, which will stretch your abilities and channel your talents. We also offer competitive salary and benefits combined with outstanding career development opportunities in one of the largest and most solid private companies in the world.
Interested? Then make sure to send us your CV and cover letter in English today.
Follow us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/cargill
Cargill is committed to being an inclusive employer. Click here to find out more https://careers.cargill.com/diversity/