Category Expert- Vitamins
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 155,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s animal nutrition and health business, where we improve lives through better nutrition. Our team researches, innovates and creates solutions that deliver healthy results for our customers.
The posting is open for the candidates based in remote locations in Region Europe.
JOB PURPOSE AND IMPACT
The Category Expert - Vitamins will handle the development and implementation of a global sourcing strategy. This person will be responsible for identifying, creating and capturing value from competitive advantages in sourcing that emerge from the company's global scale and market insights. In this role, you will have accountability for achieving established targets for the category. This person will provide direction and participate in strategic negotiations with global suppliers. You will be an essential partner in developing insights that link together value creation and the deployment of commercial strategies.
- Develop global expertise for vitamins category by synthesizing all technical and economic drivers of ingredients in global markets; building relationships with key business partners and understanding global competitive dynamics.
- Create global sourcing strategies that leverage market positions to establish a competitive advantage; lead category contract negotiations with global and regional suppliers.
- Align with regional Risk Management and Sourcing Directors and Managers to develop a multifaceted global sourcing strategy that optimizes value creation.
- Communicate global market drivers, and incorporate local feedback, to ensure long term local competitiveness of regional businesses.
- Communicate detailed market intelligence to support our commercial approach according to the customer segment, competitive positioning and market trends.
- Accountable for global sourcing initiatives; including the appropriate value capture mechanism. Implement, measure and report category value creation.
- Evaluate and deploy ingredient improvement actions. Lead the transition of ingredient technology and sourcing strategy with local formulation and supply chain teams.
- Independently handle complex issues with minimal supervision, while escalating only the most complex issues to appropriate staff.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, agricultural economics or related discipline, or equivalent business experience
- Minimum of 4 years of purchasing and supply chain experience, preferably in animal nutrition industry
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks, meet deadlines and make decisions that impact business results
- Exposure to customer segmentation and pricing strategy
- Demonstrated strong problem solving, attention to detail and organization skills
- Complex contract negotiation skills
- Strategic thinker, understand competitive economics
- Ability to evaluate supply and demand factors
- Advanced Degree in Business, Procurement or Animal Science/Nutrition or Agri-Economics
- 5+ years of purchasing and supply chain experience, preferably in animal nutrition industry
- Experience with customer segmentation and pricing strategy.
- 3-5 year working for micro ingredient producer in sales or research and development
- Ability to evaluate relative value nutrition characteristics of various micro ingredients
In return for your expertise and commitment, we will provide a fast paced stimulating international environment, which will stretch your abilities and channel your talents. We also offer competitive salary and benefits combined with outstanding career development opportunities in one of the largest and most solid private companies in the world.
Interested? Then make sure to send us your CV and cover letter in English today.
Follow us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/cargill
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.