Senior Data Engineer
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who use new technologies, dynamic insights and over 154 years of experience to connect farmers with markets, customers with ingredients, and people and animals with the food they need to thrive.
Job Porpuse And Impact.
The Senior Data Engineer will design, build and operate high performance data centric solutions utilizing the comprehensive big data capabilities for the company’s data platform environment.
In this role, you will act as an authority for data access pathways and techniques working with analysts within the functional data analytics team.
You will design data structures and pipelines to collect data and design and implement data transformations, combinations or aggregations.
- Collaborate with businesses, application and process owners, and product team members to define requirements and design solutions for the company’s big data and analytics solutions.
- Participate in the decision-making process related to architecting solutions.
- Develop technical solutions utilizing big data and cloud based technologies and ensuring they are designed and built to be sustainable and robust.
- Perform data modeling and prepare data in databases for use in various analytics tools and configurate and develop data pipelines to move and optimize data assets.
- Provide necessary technical support through all phases of solution life cycle.
- Build prototypes to test new concepts and be a key contributor of ideas and code that improve the core software infrastructure, patterns and standards.
- Help drive the adoption of new technologies and methods within the functional data and analytics team and be a role model and mentor for data engineers.
- Independently handle complex issues with minimal supervision, while escalating only the most complex issues to appropriate staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Proven experience using any Hadoop Distribution, preferably Cloudera, to build solutions that deliver value through leveraging data as an asset
- Understanding of Cloud Computing
- Proven experience in building batch and streaming data pipelines using Sqoop, Kafka and/or Spark
- Proven experience using SQL or noSQL
- Experience developing software using agile methodologies such as Scrum and/or Kanban
- Strategic thinking, problem solving, and analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to build trust and relationships and influencing others
- Result orientation and ability to work in ambiguous situations where requirements are not clear
- Experience with Unix shell scripting
- Experience with reporting and analytics tools
- Experience working with various types of data sources such as SAP, JDE and other ERP systems
- Proficiency in at least one backend programming language such as Java, Phyton, C#, Golang
- Experience building CI/CD pipelines
"At Cargill, everyone matters and everyone counts. Cargill is committed to creating and sustaining an inclusive and diverse work environment where all employees are treated with dignity and respect. As such and in alignment with our Guiding Principles, Cargill's long-standing equal employment opportunity policy prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant based on race, ethnicity, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, marital status, family status, citizenship status, veteran status, military status, union affiliation, or any other status protected by law. Cargill also complies with all applicable national and local laws and regulations pertaining to non-discrimination and employment."
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.