Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 155,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s agricultural supply chain business, where we seamlessly connect farming customers with food, feed and industry.
Job Purpose and Impact
The Digital Strategy & Strategy Associate will identify, evaluate and negotiate new business growth opportunities across all product lines and countries within Cargill’s origination, soybean crush and grain exports, crop inputs, and grain destination businesses in South America and lead CASC SA Digital Strategy. In this role, you will perform significant analysis around market trends, supply and demand, business models, to define the business strategy and implementation of key projects such as new capacity construction and acquisitions.
- Using significant analysis, partner with Managing Directors to establish their digital and business strategy and implementation roadmap aligned to the goals and objectives within the commercial strategy and within the Global Strategy priorities. Ensure adherence to Global Governance processes and metrics and reporting.
- Lead the evaluation and prioritization of alternative significant projects to implement the strategy, including new digital products, new capacity, strategic partnerships, intellectual property, and acquisitions. Participate in quarterly PRT processes to ensure visibility and input.
- Plan and coordinate business reviews, resource allocations, organization structures and financial analysis. Partner with the Global Digital Product Portfolio Lead to provide inputs from the Region to be used in global evaluation and reporting.
- Independently handle complex issues with minimal supervision, while escalating only the most complex issues to appropriate staff.
- Monitor competitive landscape, including competitors’ moves as well as new entrants and disruptors.
- Prioritize and track investments across new product development initiatives.
- Other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience
• Minimum of four years of related work experience
• Other minimum qualifications may apply
PRIOR BENEFICIAL EXPERIENCES
• Experience in strategy consulting or business strategy highly valued.
• Experience in Digital Products highly valued.
• Experience in mergers & acquisitions - preferred
• MBA preferred.
• Fluent in English required.
• Able to understand Portuguese required. Fluent spoken Portuguese preferred.
At Cargill, everyone matters and everyone counts. Cargill is committed to creating and sustaining an inclusive and diverse work environment where all employees are treated with dignity and respect. As such and in alignment with our Guiding Principles, Cargill's long-standing equal employment opportunity policy prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant based on race, ethnicity, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, marital status, family status, citizenship status, veteran status, military status, union affiliation, or any other status protected by law. Cargill also complies with all applicable national and local laws and regulations pertaining to non-discrimination and employment.