Data & Analytics Engineer
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who use new technologies, dynamic insights and over 154 years of experience to connect farmers with markets, customers with ingredients, and people and animals with the food they need to thrive.
Job Purpose and Impact.
The Data & Analytics Engineer will develop new insights and understanding of business performance based on data and statistical methods. We seek a professional who will analyze external market dynamics and other data sources to assess trends and provide insights and recommendations to management.
- Contribute to developing information technology strategies, polices and plans.
- Translate business requirements into application requirements.
- Contribute to recommending solutions or improvements to business processes using new technology or alternative uses of existing technology.
- Contribute to identifying and analyzing business needs, gathering requirements and defining scope and objectives to make business decisions.
- Independently solve moderately complex issues with minimal supervision, while escalating more complex issues to appropriate staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of two years of related work experience.
- Experience with Data Analytics tools such as Access, SPSS, SQL, Alteryx® or LLamasoft Data Guru®.
- Experience with Data visualization tools such as Tableau® or Power BI®
- Good Understanding & Experience of working in Supply Chain Planning and Design.
- Strong Database skills and ability to handle large data sets.
- Strong interpersonal skills; demonstrated ability to build trust and strong relationships.
- Knowledge of Optimization principles and how Optimization is performed using software packages such as LLamasoft Supply Chain Guru, LogicNet.
"At Cargill, everyone matters and everyone counts. Cargill is committed to creating and sustaining an inclusive and diverse work environment where all employees are treated with dignity and respect. As such and in alignment with our Guiding Principles, Cargill's long-standing equal employment opportunity policy prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant based on race, ethnicity, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, marital status, family status, citizenship status, veteran status, military status, union affiliation, or any other status protected by law. Cargill also complies with all applicable national and local laws and regulations pertaining to non-discrimination and employment."
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.