Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 155,000 employees who use new technologies, dynamic insights and over 154 years of experience to connect farmers with markets, customers with ingredients, and people and animals with the food they need to thrive.
Job Purpose and Impact
The Senior Category Management Advisor (Walmart & Sam’s) will create value and own for the global category management relationship with both Sam’s and Walmart by providing thought leadership into identifying, developing and leading key customer growth world class business to business marketing initiatives delivered through a cross functional, global, virtual team. In this role, reporting to the Director of Category Management, you will develop and apply in depth knowledge of business drivers and category management, including market trend analysis, category assessment, assortment optimization, planogram development, and optimizing the shoppers experience at Sam’s and Walmart to offerings and identify compelling value propositions that resonate with customers and deliver business goals.
- Provide marketing thought leadership into the development of the category management process at the customer engaging the appropriate resources to effectively maximize sales and grow margins for Walmart in-store and online. Long-term, global strategy and annual functional plans for the product category.
- Understand and apply market dynamics, customer needs, competitor intelligence, and consumer behaviors to identify opportunities for value capture while elevating best-in-class category management principles.
- Drive innovation by translating outside market and category trends and insights into tangible, value add business opportunities, identifying emerging shopper trends, competitive threats and customer opportunities to make fact-based recommendations to Walmart and Cargill as appropriate, ensuring the category project portfolio is balanced and spans both tactical and strategic timeframes.
- Partner collaboratively with the regional marketing teams to create category-specific marketing strategic, tactical and communications plans.
- Partner collaboratively in the creation of launch materials and training, including full infrastructure for launch and developing strong engagement plans for initiatives, working globally across functions to deliver results, measured against key performance indicators.
- Responsible for developing, optimizing & maintaining planograms for shopability, space to sales, capacity utilizing JDA ProSpace and other applicable tools and research.
- Build and maintain critical relationships with key decision-makers and stakeholders both internally and externally, including regular customer meetings to provide meaningful insights and fact-based recommendations related to customers, promotional planning, and line reviews.
- Provide marketing updates and report relevant information sources including retailer proprietary data source (Retail Link), Nielsen Scantrack, Numerator, and other secondary data sets. key stakeholders to keep them apprised of major consumer trends and technical, regulatory and manufacturing influences on current and potential product ranges.
- Provide expert thought leadership in your field and work with limited direction, using additional research and interpretation to identify issues or problems. You may provide direction to supporting team members and be a strategic contributor.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum of six years of Category Advisor or Category Management experience
- Advanced Retail Link skillset, Advanced experience with MOD Planning, Development via JDA Prospace, and Execution
- Advanced level analytical and databasing applications experience (Excel and Access)
- Proficient in sales and marketing development, data analysis, Plan-O-Gram development, ability to conduct complex ad-hoc data analysis leveraging Retail Link, Nielsen Scantrack or other syndicated data platforms.
- Strong storytelling experience converting data into insights
- Strong strategic planning, organizational, interpersonal skills; must be able to work effectively in teams with high customer focus
- Ability to travel locally to Walmart facilities and ability to occasionally travel to other Cargill’s locations or training as required.
- Walmart category advisor or category management experience
Cargill highly encourages vaccinations but does not mandate at this time. Upon hire, you will be asked to provide your vaccination status, and if unvaccinated or if you choose not to disclose, you would be expected to follow Cargill’s safety protocols for unvaccinated employees (i.e., mask mandates, and social distancing).
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.