First Line Production Superv I - Rotating schedule
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s agricultural supply chain business, where we seamlessly connect farming customers with food, feed and industry.
JOB PURPOSE AND IMPACT:
The First Line Production Supervisor will lead all production and operating processes by being responsible for the operations agenda and leading an engaged team that will execute business deliverables. In this role, you will ensure safety, quality, cost, delivery and morale objectives are met.
Directly operate or supervise the operation of the whole production line, lead all staff in the shift, including contract workers
Monitor and maintain proper safety requirements in the shift to ensure the safety of the staff.
Monitor and maintain the quality to ensure the products meet the required standards.
Provide training to the staff on relevant environmental health and safety requirements to ensure that all staff are trained in accordance with regulations.
You will have some authority for personnel decisions related to hiring, performance, or disciplinary actions, and much of your time is spent completing the same tasks as the subordinate employees.
Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Excellent leadership and communication skills and the ability to communicate with all levels in the plant.
- Minimum one year of directly related work experience
- Other minimum qualifications may apply
- One year of supervisory experience
- Minimum of two years of experience in production and warehouse management
PRIOR BENEFICIAL EXPERIENCES
- Excellent people management skills
- Process and efficiency-driven
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.