Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 155,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s food ingredients and bio-industrial business, where we anticipate trends around taste, nutrition and safety to innovate and provide solutions to manufacturers, retailers and foodservice companies.
Job Purpose and Impact
We are looking for a Maintenance Technician III for general and preventive maintenance. You will focus on delivering customer solutions that promote and enable an efficient research system. You will also be responsible for technical manuals and protocols, general housekeeping and animal trials. Join a successful, fast-growing and exciting international business with a strong culture and values!
- Contribute to continuous evaluation and improvement of experimental methodology, daily routines and procedures.
- Maintain safe working conditions according to Cargill safety program, meeting animal welfare standards.
- Participate in animal husbandry, collections and other activities if required, following predefined protocols and standard operating procedures.
- Manage maintenance and infrastructure projects through hiring or instructing contractors and vendors, or by hands-on repairs, inspections, trouble shooting and installation of equipment.
- Participate in building and maintenance projects to provide the best cost results that meet timelines and project scope.
- Contribute as a valuable maintenance resource for every team and function.
- Handle complex clerical, administrative, technical or customer support issues under minimal supervision, while escalating only the most complex issues to appropriate staff.
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma, secondary education level or equivalent
- Compelling and authentic communication skills both written and oral in Norwegian and adequate level of English
- Ability to prioritize, multitask, adapt and be solution oriented
- Diverse understanding of safety, quality, maintenance and experimental work, and conduct work with high degree of accuracy
- Experience with computer usage with emphasis on spreadsheet and data entry
- Minimum of four years of related work experience
- Other minimum qualifications may apply
- Good technical knowledge and understanding of mechanic systems
- Experience with research trials
- Experience with animal production systems
We provide a fast paced stimulating international environment, which will stretch your abilities and channel your talents. We also offer competitive salary and benefits combined with outstanding career development opportunities in one of the largest and most solid private companies in the world.
Interested? Then make sure to send us your CV and cover letter in English today:
Follow us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/cargill
Cargill is committed to being an inclusive employer. Click here to find out more https://careers.cargill.com/diversity/