ERP/SAP Solution Sr. Architect (Global Finance Solutions)
Position Purpose & Summary
The ERP/SAP Solution Architect supports the comprehensive high level architecture, functionality, economics and architecture compliance of SAP solution options for the Finance (FIN) Process Area. This position works closely with global Finance Portfolio Lead ,SAP Instance Owners, SAP Applications Managers for FIN, OPS and Commercial, Enterprise Process Management, Enterprise Architecture and key stakeholders to determine requirements for solution planning and development. This position develops solution architecture at an enterprise and project level in collaboration with other SAP Solution architects, Application Architects ,Solution Integrity teams and subject matter experts from Cargill’s business units and function areas for all Cross Instance Solutions.
The Solution Architect understands both technical and functional design and brings perspective from the process and organizational domains and expertise from the data, security and technology domains. Utilizing a strong partnership with the Business Process Organization and expertise in the Finance applications that support these processes, this position ensures solutions developed are aligned to enterprise architecture standards and principles, leverage common solutions and services, and meet the financial targets (cost and benefits). This position is accountable for solution evaluation and early-phase project estimates which contribute to the business case.
The Solution Architect position is also responsible for staying current with emerging business and technology trends, promoting the ‘art of the possible’, and driving innovation investments throughout the portfolio. This role is able to facilitate the difficult conversations involving balancing corporate strategies and local business requirements. This requires an ability to see multiple perspectives, steer discussions towards fact-based comparisons, and drive significant net value for the enterprise.
- The Finance domain encompasses the following areas:
- Financial Accounting
- Material Ledger
- Asset Management
- Costing & Profitability
- Accounts Receivable & Accounts Payable
- Tax & Customs
- Process Controls
The Solution Architects, as a team, own the integration, maintenance and integrity of the portfolio architecture for all solutions, encompassing global business capabilities enabled by enterprise application landscape.
40% Architecture Planning and Development
- Develops and maintains solution architecture by leading solution definition, solution architecture reviews, and solution election efforts
- Partners with the broader Cargill Architecture community to define and execute architecture processes.
- Develops and maintains the Target Architecture for Finance domain
- Owns the Logical Architecture for a Portfolio (describing flow and high level physical arch)
- Responsible for understanding the strategy across Business Process Areas and across Enterprises on the capabilities provided within their portfolio and translating that into an architecture plan (In partnership with the Functions Portfolio Lead and other Architects)
- Responsible for the application architecture for all capabilities within the scoped applications portfolio (meaning the application portfolio, key APIs, transactions, etc.) and the associated roadmap
- Responsible for the data landscape for the scoped global applications portfolio
- Responsible for all buy vs. build for the scoped global applications portfolio
- Responsible for governance to the architecture plan for the scoped portfolio
- Ensures portfolio architecture aligns with Enterprise Architecture standards/principles
- Responsible for lifecycle planning for applications within the global scoped portfolio
- Provides strategic consultation and recommendations for business process design, business intelligence design, software development design/architecture, application frameworks, and/or interfaces during the design and ongoing care of solutions.
- Provides support and consultation for detailed design, deployment and production support.
- Primary contact for vendors providing technology solutions within your portfolio (including open source distribution vendors).
- Responsible for ensuring Cargill roadmap items are included in vendor roadmap (including open source distribution vendors).
40% Business Partnership
- Work with Business Process Organizations and Enterprises to establish clear connections between business goals and strategies and the process, data, and technology investments required to achieve them
- Partner with Business Process Organizations and Enterprise leadership to understand how data will be leveraged as a competitive advantage and promote architectural methods and solutions to enable business value (e.g. using big data to drive predictive analytics and improve customer experience)
- Provide consultation and recommendations for business capabilities, business process design, business intelligence design, software development design/architecture, application frameworks, and/or interfaces during the design and ongoing care of solutions.
- Regularly interface with other architects, analysts, process designers, application portfolio managers, business relationship managers, and enterprise subject matter experts to understand and evaluate portfolio capability needs.
- Assist in the definition of the architecture and technology opportunities of the portfolio based on new and emerging technologies. Independently establish priorities and strategies, ensuring they are consistent with business goals and economic viability.
10% Architecture Assurance
- Manage adherence to defined standards throughout the design, development and implementation processes for the Finance scoped Portfolio including managing exceptions against the portfolio.
- Review new projects and architecture solutions, ensuring they are aligned with the enterprise architecture and meet financial targets.
- Champion data as a corporate asset, ensuring the value realization of the investments Cargill is making in the data and information areas are captured.
10% IT Innovation & Delivery
- Maintains extensive knowledge of industry trends, and utilizes this knowledge to educate the Functions Portfolio Lead and Regional FInance Portfolio Managers on opportunities to build better target solution architectures that support and drive business decisions.
- Drives improvement of architecture methodologies and services. Supports implementation, improvements, and proper utilization of architecture tools. Ensures the quality of architecture assets, and keeps them up-to-date. Develops and maintains architecture metrics.
- Maintain knowledge of industry trends and utilize this knowledge to educate both IT and the business on opportunities to build better target architectures that support and drive business decisions.
- Drive the definition of the architecture and technology opportunities of the portfolio based on new and emerging technologies.
- Demonstrate deep knowledge of a wide variety of technology disciplines.
- Participates in routine and non-routine construction, automation, and implementation activities, ensuring successful implementation with architectural and operational requirements met
- Provides technical oversight and coaching to others resolving complex and severe technical issues.
- Designs new testing methods and resolves routine and non-routine technical issues with minimal assistance. With minimal guidance, monitors systems capacity and performance.
- Leads disaster recovery activities and contributes to disaster recovery planning.
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, Computer Science or Management Information Systems; OR equivalent experience
- 10 years business experience with diverse operational, development and business roles
- 5 years experience with business process design and improvement; knowledge of Finance and ERP solutions (i.e. BPC, SAP, JDE, Oracle, ARIS, EPM solutions, Finance related applications i.e consolidations, planning solutions)
- 1 year of experience in S/4 Finance .
- 3 years experience in an architecture role
- Experience collaborating with regional and global project teams to define business requirements and deliver solutions that meet business goals
- Experience in developing integrated solutions involving process, data, and technology
- Experience with business case development
- Excellent project management, planning and organizational skills
- Knowledge and ability to support: translation of business needs into solution architecture requirements, application of multiple technical solutions to business problems, and estimation of the financial impact of solution architecture alternatives
- Advanced English level
- Business strategy development
- Knowledge of all components of enterprise architecture
- Industry certification (Examples include ITIL, APICS, six sigma, etc.)
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.