Territory Sales Manager
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 155,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s food ingredients and bio-industrial business, where we anticipate trends around taste, nutrition and safety to innovate and provide solutions to manufacturers, retailers and foodservice companies.
Job Purpose and Impact
The Territory Sales Manager will help sell a portfolio of the company's technical (Cargill Beauty/Personal Care) and nontechnical products (commodities such as Citric Acid and Glycerin products.), services, and solutions directly to current and new customers. In this role, you will provide thought leadership to a sales team through a thorough understanding of business, financials, products and services, the market and the needs and challenges of assigned accounts.
- Inform customers of our new products, services and prices.
- With guidance, create, monitor and maintain lead generation plans to develop substantive sales opportunities.
- Assess customer needs and suggest appropriate products, services and solutions.
- Contribute to developing and delivering sales bids, proposals and presentations and conducting product demonstrations.
- Help develop medium to long term sales plans, preparing strategies to protect, grow and diversify relationships with targeted customers.
- Independently handle complex issues with minimal supervision, while escalating only the most complex issues to appropriate staff.
- Other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience
• Minimum of four years of related work experience
• Ability to travel up to 50%
• 5-10+ years of solution selling experience in the personal care space
• Experience with key account management and distribution
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
The Cargill Cocoa Promise is committed to securing a thriving cocoa sector for generations.
Our inclusive culture helps us shape the future of the world.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.