Senior Operations Research Engineer
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who use new technologies, dynamic insights and over 154 years of experience to connect farmers with markets, customers with ingredients, and people and animals with the food they need to thrive.
JOB PURPOSE AND IMPACT
The Operations Research Engineer III will lead discussions with client domain experts, operations teams and other operations research engineers to gain direct insight on complex facility and process questions regarding material flow, personnel flow, utilization, space constraints and bottlenecks. In this role, you will develop and implement complex simulation and optimization models designed to answer questions on making our manufacturing and supply chains more effective. You will be responsible for complex project planning, model development and validation, deployment, and long term support of the solutions.
- Develop, validate and deploy complex simulation and optimization models to drive strategic and tactical decisions.
- Apply various modeling techniques to generate solutions to complex business problems such as resource planning, production planning, scheduling, facility location, portfolio optimization, supply chain management, pricing and revenue optimization.
- Partner collaboratively with internal business stakeholders and project managers to transform business requirements into a business solution.
- Compile simulation data, assumptions, calculations and results to provide insight to leadership using model results and reports.
- Develop innovative, repeatable, business use cases, and quickly develop prototypes to test these use cases.
- Develop a library of standard modeling elements for ease of use in future models.
- Independently handle complex issues with minimal supervision, while escalating only the most complex issues to appropriate staff.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Experience developing simulation and optimization models leveraging at least one of the various related commercial software tools
- Experience with email, spreadsheet and word processing applications
- Proficiency in object oriented programming frameworks
- Experience utilizing advanced knowledge to develop models in one or more of the following fields: discrete event simulation, discrete optimization, integer programming, dynamic programming, heuristics, genetic algorithms, or other metaheuristics
- Minimum of four years of related work experience
- Master's degree in operations research, industrial engineering, applied mathematics, statistics, computer science or related field
- Experience in commercial optimization solvers
- Experience applying lean principles and methods to develop standardized model and data frameworks in order to identify best practices in model development
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.