Product Development Scientist - Sweeteners
The Product Development Scientist - Sweeteners will coordinate, align and innovate by exploring, developing and implementing new and existing products. In this role you will tackle ambiguous problems and provide technical expertise to develop new products and production processes. You will help the product line evolve and develop technology and processes to create new capabilities and implement solutions to meet business goals.
- Work with customers to identify jobs to be completed and apply learnings to product development, building customer relationships through sharing technical expertise to grow value-added sales.
- Provide technical leadership in product and process development and improvement, quality systems and regulatory oversight.
- Contribute to the development and direct the implementation of innovation roadmaps and plans aligned with the business objectives.
- Collaborate with research and commercial brand to develop short and long-term testing programs for experimental and commercial products and hybrids.
- Partner with sales, business management, marketing and customers to identify needs and translate these into new product development opportunities and solutions, from product inception through commercialization.
- You will serve as an expert in your field and work with limited direction, using additional research and interpretation to identify issues/problems. You may provide direction to lower level team members and be a key contributor.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Experience leading and working in cross-functional teams
- Experience collaborating with customers to identify and create innovative solutions
- Minimum of six years of related work experience
- Ability to travel up to 20%
- Master's degree or PhD
- Working knowledge of sweeteners and sweetener systems
- Experience with commercializing products
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.