Process Modeling and Control Intern 2021
Process Modeling and Control R&D Internship:
The Engineering and Data Science department is one of Cargill's corporate research groups based in Minneapolis, MN. This is a fast-paced, growing area within Cargill, and impacts the full range of Cargill's operations - from processing grain and oilseeds to piloting novel food ingredients to optimizing our supply chains. Our scope includes projects from conception through process definition and plant start up to optimization of operating facilities for Cargill. We have a diverse range of talents in the simulation space with expertise in advanced control, process simulation, linear programming, computational fluid dynamics, statistics, numerical methods, and more.
The Engineering and Data Science department at Cargill will provide students with a graduate engineering background, the opportunity to apply knowledge in an industrial setting. The internship program is designed to provide students with appropriate projects that bring value to Cargill and the EngRD Numerical Analysis group.
We are looking for additional highly skilled engineers who are enthusiastic about tackling non-traditional simulation, process control and data analysis projects.
You will be assigned to one or two core projects that will be substantive in nature. You will be the primary technical contributor for work on the project, with leadership support from the Engineering and Data Science team. Interns will have the opportunity to:
- Gain immediate hands on work experience in one of the world’s largest agribusiness companies.
- Receive periodic and candid feedback on job performance.
Internships target a 12 weeks in duration. Summer is preferred for candidate and Cargill because there are a large number of interns and intern activities in the Minneapolis area.
- Cargill offers both housing assistance and relocation reimbursement to interns who qualify (based on mileage).
- Internships are paid and are at least 12 weeks in duration.
- Day–to-day transportation to and from work is the responsibility of the intern.
- Attend Intern Forum, an event held at Cargill headquarters in Minneapolis, MN, designed to give exposure to leadership and cross-functional interns from across the U.S.
We promote a culture that celebrates differences. This is a reflection of the clients we serve and generates intellectually diverse employees. Cargill’s Business Resource Groups (BRGs) help us embrace our diversity, make our culture more inclusive and leverage our employees’ unique talents and perspectives to benefit our organization and employees.
Our U.S. Business Resource Groups include:
- Asian Alliance Network
- Cargill Young Professionals Network
- Cargill Ability Network (iCAN)
- Cargill Ebony Council
- Group Responsible for Orienting and Welcoming (GROW)
- Hispanic-Latino Council
- Cargill Pride Network
- Veterans & Military Support Network
- Cargill Women’s Network
- Minneapolis, MN
- Currently pursuing a M.S. or Ph.D in Chemical Engineering or related field graduating between December 2021 and May 2022
- All candidates must be geographically flexible and willing to relocate for an internship opportunity anywhere in the U.S.
- Able to complete a 12-week internship in the summer (May/June - August 2021)
- Ability to work effectively in a diverse team and communicate with both technical and non-technical people
- Demonstrated facility with applied process modeling or process control
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- 3.0 GPA or above preferred
- Going into final year of graduate program
- Previous experience/education with conceptual design and/or optimization of chemical manufacturing processes
- Project experience based on Process Simulation, Computational Fluid Dynamics, Process Control, or Applied Statistics
- Broad understanding of process equipment and component physical properties
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who use new technologies, dynamic insights and over 154 years of experience to connect farmers with markets, customers with ingredients, and people and animals with the food they need to thrive.
Learn more at www.cargill.com.
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.