Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who use new technologies, dynamic insights and over 154 years of experience to connect farmers with markets, customers with ingredients, and people and animals with the food they need to thrive.
JOB PURPOSE AND IMPACT
Do you have a passion for working as a Food Scientist? Want to work for a global company that values excellence? Would you love working in a hardworking team of dedicated professionals? We are looking for someone like you. This position will be focused on innovation and product development with an emphasis on extrusion products. The role will focus on sensory and processing driven innovation to help move Cargill’s ingredients from concept to commercialization in application while collaborating with other technical and business teams. Research efforts will also involve cross functional interaction with commercial and technical service teams as well as customers. In addition, this role will require flexibility to assist with other application team projects and shorter term projects, as needed.
This position will primarily work on the application of Cargill’s Starches Sweetener and Texturizer Business Group (CSST) and Cargill’s Protein Solution (CPS). They will formulate ingredients into extruded meat alternatives, cereals and snacks to assist these teams with business opportunities. In addition this team will assist other application teams and business groups as directed in a wide variety of ingredient projects for Cargill’s customers as needed.
- Turn concepts into food systems and solutions that provide a distinct advantage for customers and for Cargill.
- Knowledge of Twin Screw Extruder and how ingredients function within the system
- Stay abreast of current literature and analytical advancements.
- Provide technical guidance and leadership on products, process development and improvement, quality systems, and regulatory oversight.
- Partner and stay connected with cross-functional teams (marketing, insights, sales, ops, food safety quality and regulatory).
- Ability to manage multiple projects on a deadline basis
- Design technologically sound extruded food products which are easily produced by the customer.
- Document all work using productivity and tracking software systems. Protect this information as required by company policy
- Independently solve moderately complex issues with minimal supervision, while escalating more complex issues to appropriate staff.
- Manage and lead twin screw capabilities at our innovation center.
- Excellent communication and report writing skills
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- One or more years’ experience working in a laboratory pilot plant setting
- Two or more years combined professional experience in the following areas: meat alternative formulation OR cereal/snacks formulation development OR ingredient functionality and product commercialization.
- Minimum one year experience in Twin screw extrusion prior
- Master's degree in Food Science or other post-secondary degree
- Experience in ingredient development and functionality in Meat formulation / processing experience
- Experience working successfully in a matrixed organization
- Experience bringing new food products to market
- Strong customer network
- Able to apply technical expertise to understand ingredient functionality and its effects on extrusion and overall product acceptability.
- Able to design, conduct, analyze test plans
- Able to interpret and analyze data to create report on projects
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Able and willing to work on product development using novel and/or non GRAS food ingredients
- Good problem solving skills, troubleshooting and analytical skills
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.