Biotechnology R&D Intern 2021
Biotechnology R&D Internship:
The Biotechnology Research and Development (BioRD) group at Cargill will provide an internship opportunity for a student with a career interest in Molecular Biology, Enzymology, Bio Analytical or Fermentation. This internship will provide the opportunity to apply knowledge gained in the classroom to a business environment. Projects will be determined based on individual qualifications.
You will be assigned to one or two core projects that will be substantive in nature. You will be the primary technical contributor for work on the project, with leadership support from the Biotechnology R&D team. Interns will have the opportunity to:
- Gain immediate hands on work experience in one of the world’s largest agribusiness companies
- Participate in orientation, networking, mentoring relationships and other opportunities targeted towards personal and professional development
- Receive periodic and candid feedback on job performance
Internships are typically 12 weeks in duration. Summer is preferred for candidate and Cargill because there are a large number of interns and intern activities. However, other periods are possible.
- Cargill offers both housing assistance and relocation reimbursement to interns who qualify (based on mileage).
- Internships are paid and are at least 12 weeks in duration.
- Day–to-day transportation to and from work is the responsibility of the intern.
- Attend Intern Forum, an event held at Cargill headquarters in Minneapolis, MN, designed to give exposure to leadership and cross-functional interns from across the U.S.
We promote a culture that celebrates differences. This is a reflection of the clients we serve and generates intellectually diverse employees. Cargill’s Business Resource Groups (BRGs) help us embrace our diversity, make our culture more inclusive and leverage our employees’ unique talents and perspectives to benefit our organization and employees.
Our U.S. Business Resource Groups include:
- Asian Alliance Network
- Cargill Young Professionals Network
- Cargill Ability Network (iCAN)
- Cargill Ebony Council
- Group Responsible for Orienting and Welcoming (GROW)
- Hispanic-Latino Council
- Cargill Pride Network
- Veterans & Military Support Network
- Cargill Women’s Network
- Plymouth, MN
- Currently pursuing a Ph.D. or post-doctorate in biotechnology, life science, or related field graduating between December 2021 and May 2023.
- All candidates must be geographically flexible and willing to relocate for an internship opportunity anywhere in the U.S.
- Able to complete a 12-week internship in the summer (May/June - August 2021)
- Practical experience in a research lab setting (e.g. experience with biochemical engineering, fermentation, microbiology and /or molecular biology techniques)Basic technical skills beyond course work in fermentation, microbiology and/or molecular biology
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with individuals from diverse backgrounds and cultures
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Well organized and detail oriented
- Ability to prioritize and manage a large workload with multiple priorities
- Overall GPA of at least 3.0 preferred.
- Demonstrated ability of collaboration, communication, motivation, interpersonal effectiveness, teamwork and successful completion of work.
- Demonstrated problem solving and decision-making.
- Strong leadership and technical skills.
- Right to work in the U.S. that is not based solely on possession of a student visa or a visa sponsored by a third-party employer
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who use new technologies, dynamic insights and over 154 years of experience to connect farmers with markets, customers with ingredients, and people and animals with the food they need to thrive.
Learn more at www.cargill.com.
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.