JOB PURPOSE AND IMPACT
The Location Food Safety, Quality and Regulatory Supervisor will implement our food safety management systems and ensure compliance with regulatory and customer requirements at an assigned facility. We seek a professional with the cross-functional teamwork skills to support our leadership team with thorough understanding of quality assurance safety technology and processes in the following: testing and auditing documentation, data collection and analysis and knowledge transfer. In this role you will provide team leadership to find solutions for food safety and quality concerns.
- Monitors regulatory activities, plant compliance with regulatory safety standards and acts as a liaison for the business with external regulatory authorities.
- Ensures adherence to Corporate, Regulatory and facility food safety and quality requirements.
- Evaluates standard operating procedures, master schedule, verification and reporting for the team and customer food safety and quality requirements.
- Act as and intermediary between our customers and the facility to review product performance, conduct quality safety audits, review third party certifications and respond to customer questions and complaints.
- Implements product specification systems and drives continuous improvement in the areas of processes and customer focus.
- Participation and preparation for plant tours and audits.
- Assisting the plan in various projects relating to Safety, Food Safety, Regulatory, Environment, Process Improvement, Engagement, Training etc.
- Responsible for personnel decisions related to hiring, performance and disciplinary actions for your direct reports. You will also spend time completing the same tasks as employees on your team.
- Other duties as assigned
Bachelor’s degree in science, chemistry, microbiology, quality assurance or equivalent experience
Effective verbal and written communication skills
Ability to make decisions under pressure
Ability to adapt and learn in a changing work environment
Demonstrated ability of leadership, motivation, interpersonal effectiveness, teamwork and successful completion of work.
Experience in a food manufacturing environment
Experience interacting with external stakeholders (regulatory agencies, external manufacturers, customers)
Ability to relate technical knowledge to solve complex testing and process problems
Minimum one year of directly related work experience
Other minimum qualifications may apply
Six Sigma Black Belt Certification
Six Sigma Green Belt Certification
Problem solving and analytical skills with experience in Root Cause Analysis
Confirmed ability to balance and achieve positive results leading multifunctional teams
One year of supervisory experience
Process Auditing experience
Laboratory knowledge, including Good Laboratory Practice and instrumentation.
PRIOR BENEFICIAL EXPERIENCES
Maintenance and troubleshooting on Ph, FOSS, and Salinity Meters
Laboratory experience in industry
Quality assurance experience
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.