Environment, Health, Safety, and Security Officer
JOB PURPOSE AND IMPACT
The Environmental Health and Safety Specialist I, will provide subject matter expertise that complies with environmental, health and safety regulations. In this role, you will support the implementation and application of environmental, health and safety and process safety management processes and programs. You will understand, in detail, the applications of safe, compliant operational practices, and support compliance demonstration associated with company policy, work processes, programs and standards.
- Build partnerships and interact with all levels of site personnel from production workers to top location leadership, business leadership and environment, health and safety functional leadership.
- Develop an understanding and execute environmental, health and safety work processes, activities and controls.
- Review and break down environmental operating, construction and other permits and identify compliance demonstration requirements, activities and tasks and deploy and execute the compliance demonstration program.
- Localize company and legally required processes, programs and controls and integrate them into site level operating procedures, tools and work instructions to standardize front line processes and monitor, analyze and adjust for improved performance.
- Conduct recordkeeping, analysis, and reporting duties and identify improvement and risk mitigation opportunities and leverage and implement most effective technologies and improvements in alignment with the country lead.
- Support the preparation for company audits, governmental inspections, customer visits and collect data and prepare reports needed to monitor program maturity, performance and compliance.
- Support determination of suitable training content and delivery mode, in line with global and regional requirements, support gap assessment to identify training needs, support adjustment of curriculum to reflect site-specific needs and support delivery of training.
- Other duties as assigned
- Handle basic issues and problems under direct supervision, while escalating more complex issues to appropriate staff.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Other minimum qualifications may apply
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems and make decisions independently
- Ability to relate technical knowledge to job related duties
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.