1. Leads in identification and assessment of the risks from environment, health and safety hazards in the workplace
• Surveillance of the factors in the working environment and working practices which may affect the worker’s health, and safety;
• Advise on planning and organization of work with regards to EHS standards, including the design of the workplace, on the choice, maintenance, and condition of machinery and other equipment, and on substances used in work
2. Participates and advises Plant Manager in the development of programs for the improvement of working practices as well as testing and evaluation of environment, health and safety aspects of new equipment
· Advice on environment, occupational health and safety on individual and collective protective equipment
· Surveillance of worker’s health in relation to work
· Promoting the adaptation of work to the workers
3. Provides information, training and education in the fields of environment, occupational health and safety
· Organizing of critical tasks, safe work practices, EHS policies trainings among others.
· Participation in analysis of environment, occupational health and safety incidents and other data
· Works with Country/Regional and Global EHS Teams in ensuring all EHS programs implemented in COMPI are aligned to Cargill EHS standards.
· Any other duties as assigned.
4. Leads the activities pertaining to Environmental, Health and Safety Management System in ensuring COMPI complies to all government regulations and Company requirements.
5. Monitoring and preparation of all environmental, health and safety reports. (5%)
Minimum Required Qualifications
·Degree in Engineering (Chemical, Mechanical or Electrical)
·Certified with Safety Institutions or Active OSH Practitioner
·4+ years EHS work experience in manufacturing/construction operations
·2+ years supervisory experience in EHS
·Strong leadership skills
·3+ experience in manufacturing operations
·Ability to conceptualize and implement environmental, safety and health programs
·Good communication and presentation skills
·Able to effectively influence teams to commit to occupational health principles and standards
·Good problem-solving skills
·Promotes employee engagement and develop good work ambiance
·Sets clear and challenging individual expectations for subordinates, takes responsibility for personal actions, manages and coaches for results and assists others with development
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.