Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 155,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s agricultural supply chain business, where we seamlessly connect farming customers with food, feed and industry.
Job Purpose and Impact
The Organic Farm Relationship Manager represents the critical link between our most strategic and highest opportunity customers and the company's customer facing strategy, as well as being a leading ambassador for growing our organic transition program acreage. In this role, you will leverage our broad supply chain access, robust risk management solutions, combined with specialty and sustainability strategies, to create market value for customers through a customer focused approach.
- Develop, strengthen, and expand long-term relationships with our most strategic and highest opportunity accounts and gain in-depth working knowledge of assets, profit expectations, risk management strategies and local market drivers
- Develop a deep understanding of customer needs to allow the utilization of our portfolio of solutions designed to consistently meet customer needs within key account segments.
- Partner with internal team members to position standardized offerings in areas of market access, risk management solutions, specialized supply chains, and sustainability.
- Engage with customers in a manner that promotes an open and consistent flow of information from the company to enable the effectiveness and efficiency of solution offerings and execution.
- Build and deliver on annual customer business plans that are aligned with the business strategy and deliver profitable growth.
- Consistently identify and communicate customer insights back into the business unit to be utilized to create and enhance standardized customer segment value propositions, as well as overall business strategy development.
- Serve as a mentor to other members of the origination and commercial organization and will assist with education and training sessions in industry marketing and sales effectiveness.
- Independently handle complex issues with minimal supervision, while escalating only the most complex issues to appropriate staff.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum of four years of related work experience
- Strong commercial and financial acumen
- Travel up to 50%
- Commercial or sales experience
- Previous experience in organic/non-gmo grain origination.
- Experience with basic industry supply chain production principles including factors critical for sustainability
- Experience analyzing and understanding a customer’s business strategy, financial situation, and decision making process
The business will not sponsor applicants for work visas for this position.
Location: Paris, IL/ Minneapolis, MN / Kansas City, MO / West Lafayette, IN/ Cedar Rapids, IA or any other Cargill location
Cargill highly encourages vaccinations but does not mandate at this time. Upon hire, you will be asked to provide your vaccination status, and if unvaccinated or if you choose not to disclose, you would be expected to follow Cargill’s safety protocols for unvaccinated employees (i.e., mask mandates, and social distancing).
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.