Trade Compliance Operations Specialist (Export/Import) - Contractual based
EXECUTE TRADE COMPLIANCE OPERATIONS ACTIVITIES
· Validate and coordinate import/export transactional data requirements
· With limited supervision, validates and coordinates import/export transactional requirements, including preparation of documents (e.g. invoices, preferential trade documentation, commercial invoices, customs documentation, etc.), using a basic to medium knowledge of global trade compliance operations practices and procedures.
· Applies limited technical understanding of global trade compliance operations practices and procedures to ensure compliant execution of cross border transactions.
· Support cross border logistics and transportation (to maintain efficiencies and for conflict resolution)
· Support and monitor cargo in transit to ensure timely shipping schedule, border crossing and compliance with local and overseas customs authorities. Ensure efficiencies and compliance with free time demurrage.
· Execute Customs clearance & file import/export declarations
· Using defined procedures, prepares and submits, with limited supervision, import and export self filings, and / or submits instructions to customs brokers for preparing customs declaration forms (including SAP/GTS).
· With limited supervision, resolves holds, notifications and compliance alerts triggered by import/export declarations (Customs & OGA/PGA).
DATA MANAGEMENT / ANALYSIS & REPORTING
· Maintains records & complies with records retention policy Updates customs master files and supports compliance with Records and Information Management policies and controls
· Processes data entry activities to facilitate cross border execution and data analysis.
· Perform transactional duty/tax reconciliation
· Provides documentation and data to support duty/tax reconciliation and duty drawback claim process, and compiles reports for internal and external audit purposes.
· Support Risk Assessments, Ruling application, Government audits/escalations, voluntary disclosures
· Collects, organizes, and reports required data sets of a single-site or process area for internal or external risk assessments and audits and government requests for information.
· Manage key operational compliance performance indicators
· With limited supervision, may report basic metrics, and benchmarks with corporate and other businesses and functions.
MISCELLANEOUS· Performs miscellaneous projects and job related activities as assigned or required.
·+/- 2 years of experience in a related field, including Customs, Import/Export
·Demonstrated client/customer focus role and strong relationship builder
·Proficient in Microsoft outlook and office, expertise in Microsoft Excel
·Excellent written and verbal communication skills
·Self Starter – highly motivated with demonstrated initiative
·Excellent time management, prioritization and organization skills
·Proven experience on how to get things done within a matrix organization
·Ability to travel up to 5%
·Associates Degree in a related field of customs, import/export
·3 years of experience in a related role·Financial acumen, strong analytical skills
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.