Trade Compliance Operations (Export Import) Analyst
75% of Time/Core Accountability #1:
EXECUTE TRADE COMPLIANCE OPERATIONS ACTIVITIES
· Maintains operational relationships with standard stakeholders (e.g., ports, plants, brokers etc.)
· Applies basic technical understanding of global trade compliance operations practices and procedures to ensure compliant execution of GTO processes
Validate and coordinate import/export transactional data requirements
· Independently validates and coordinates import/export transactional requirements,, ensures pre-transaction regulatory requirements are fulfilled, and prepares documents (e.g. invoices, preferential trade documentation, commercial invoices, customs documentation, etc.), using a moderate knowledge of global trade compliance operations practices and procedures.
· Applies basic technical understanding of global trade compliance operations practices and procedures to ensure compliant execution of cross border transactions.
Support cross border logistics and transportation (to maintain efficiencies and for conflict resolution)
· Support and monitor cargo in transit to ensure timely shipping schedule, border crossing and compliance with local and overseas customs authorities. Ensure efficiencies and compliance with free time demurrage and maintain relationships with standard stakeholders (e.g. customs, ports, plants, regulatory authorities, etc.).
Execute Customs clearance & file import/export declarations
· Prepares and submits, import and export self-filings, and / or submits instructions to customs brokers for preparing customs declaration forms (including SAP/GTS).
· Resolves holds, notifications and compliance alerts triggered by import/export declarations (Customs & OGA/PGA).
· Manage customs bonded shipments with support and guidance from compliance analysts.
15% of Time/Core Accountability #2:
DATA ANALYSIS, MANAGEMENT & REPORTING
Maintains records & complies with records retention policy
· Creates customs master files and supports compliance with Records and Information Management policies and controls.
· Processes data entry activities to facilitate cross border execution and data analysis
· Performs transactional duty/tax reconciliation
· Verifies the payment of taxes and duties, and supports the duty / tax reconciliation process by providing reports and duty proof payment to A&F or other teams in Cargill.
Review and verify duty / tax supplier invoices for payment purposes.
Support Risk Assessments, Ruling application, Government audits/escalations, voluntary disclosures
· Collects, organizes, analyzes, measures, evaluates and reports requited data sets of a single-site or process area for internal or external risk assessments and audits and government requests for information.
Manage key operational compliance performance indicators
· Prepare, analyze and report metrics, and benchmarks with corporate and other businesses and functions.
10% of Time/Core Accountability #3:
MISCELLANEOUSPerforms miscellaneous projects and job related activities as assigned or required
·BA/BS or equivalent experience, preferably in business, customs, import/export related degree, or equivalent of business experience
·Demonstrated client/customer focus role and strong relationship builder
·4-5 years’ experience in the areas of customs, import/export
·Demonstrated ability to excel in ambiguous situations
·Proficient in Microsoft Outlook and Office with expertise in Microsoft Excel
·Excellent written and verbal communication skills
·Highly collaborative – ability to excel in a team environment
·Self-starter – highly motivated with demonstrated initiative
·Excellent time management, prioritization and organizational skills
·Strong negotiation and problem solving skills
·Ability to travel up to 5%
·BA/BS in related field
·Minimum 5 Years’ experience in the areas of customs, import/export, operations
·Financial acumen, strong analytical skills
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.