Trade Compliance Analyst
Trade Compliance Analyst is responsible to identify, document, and capture compliance of complex and demanding activities with very high requirements of service for their respective country using extensive and detailed trade compliance knowledge. Collaborate with relevant functional COE leads to develop goals and objectives that share mutual outcomes for the benefit of the business. Supports and implement trade compliance operations strategies and standard processes to achieve trade compliance goals and objectives for regional cross border activity.
3 Country Trade compliance operations strategy, procedure, identification, develop and implementation
• Responsible for trade compliance activity in the assigned country as defined in the Global Trade Operations & Compliance (GTOC) taxonomy
• Support the implemention, and enhancement of country trade compliance operations management systems, and processes with a view to harmonize and align globally/regionally for optimal efficiency.
• Identify and document trade compliance operations opportunities and gaps in procedures, partnering with relevant functional COE's as appropriate.
• Ensure appropriate record keeping and due diligence procedures in accordance with all governing regulatory requirements and Cargill functional requirements, including the monitoring and supervision of IT solutions related to record keeping.
• (GCA)anage country customs broker operations relationship, including the use of Key Performance Indicators (KPI) and regular internal report.
• Develop a relationship with local governmental agencies in the respective country, in cooperation with appropriate functional areas and our brokers, facilitating a free flow of our goods through the borders.
25 management, monitoring and training
• Support the execution of global trade compliance operations review for the activities managed by the GTOC team, and/or pre/post transactional audits and trade data to ensure data integrity, adherence to processes, control effectiveness and compliant performance. Ensure corporate functions' recommendations, corrective actions and process improvements are implemented, monitored and communicated accordingly
• Support the development of regular import and export compliance training for
• Participate in projects and initiatives respective countries.
• Review and/or Develop and implement new or changing trade flow SOPS and processes in partnership with the relevant COE’s
• Support Global Customs Advisory on Risk Assessments, Ruling application, Government audits/escalations.
• Monitor effectiveness of compliance processes and controls and escalate as appropriate.
• Deliver value through providing transparency of data and consistency in process to enable enhanced duty reduction programs such as Duty Drawback and participation in global or regional Free Trade Agreements.
• Suppport Regional Trade Compliance Lead to implement new processes and controls for respective country.
5 interaction and business partner
• Support all aspects for regional trade compliance activities
• Coordinates the country trade compliance efforts in support of business, enterprise and functional business plans that span across the country while align with regional directive/initiative.
• Works closely with cross functional commercial management, sales, and customers to develop cross border solutions
30DATA MANAGEMENT / ANALYSIS & REPORTING
• Support the creation of monthly reports related to trade compliance operations and submit to the appropriate function or entity.
• Support the creation of reports and data needed for VAT reconciliation process.
• Monitor and provide quarterly, bi-weekly and/or monthly metrics and reports.
• Support Continuous Improvement initiatives and special projects
•University Degree or Equivalent (+/- 5 years)
•Minimum 3-5+ years Trade Compliance Experience
•Minimum 3+ years experience in area’s customs compliance, import/export
•Local language(s) in addition to English
•Communicate effectively and ability to influence across the organization and with external stakeholders
•Developing and leading high performing work teams including focus on continuous improvement
•Result driven performance
•Advanced critical thinking and problem-solving skills
•Technical trade compliance knowledge
•Comprehensive trade compliance operations knowledge and hands on experience related to respective country cross border(import/export) requirements including customs and other Participating Government Agencies (PGA)
•Strong analytical skills; experience with scorecards/metrics.
•Ability to adapt to various scenarios of situations and people, including cross-cultural understanding.
•Deep Incoterms knowledge.
•Process oriented and highly skilled in developing process improvement solutions
•Trade related specialization/ license/ certification (Broker’s license, etc.)
•Experience manage a complex trade compliance environment
•Experience executing and ensuring trade compliance operations of Free Trade Agreement (FTA) , Duty Draw Back and Free Trade Zone operations is a plus
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.