JOB PURPOSE AND IMPACT
The Buyer will be responsible for supporting multiple locations or multiple business sourcing activities. In this role, you will execute complex procurement tasks to provide inputs to the global category team.
- Execute medium and high complex sourcing events based on daily request.
- Drive the implementation of sourcing decisions and provide support with the implementation of global sourcing decisions.
- Provide inputs to the global category team for category strategy development and execution.
- Provide comprehensive understanding of stakeholder, and procurement landscape.
- Monitor ongoing supplier and stakeholder relationships.
- Follow established procedures to select suppliers for procurement of noncontracted materials, goods, services and supplies.
- Independently solve moderately complex issues with minimal supervision, while escalating more complex issues to appropriate staff.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum of two years of related work experience
- Other minimum qualifications may apply
- Demonstrated strong self-initiative, sense of urgency and customer relationship building skills.
- Demonstrate a "hands-on" style and willingness to engage proactively with stakeholders at all levels, within the sub-region.
- Understanding of the Procure to Pay process and related technologies
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint), SAP ECC, Ariba or other PRTP Cloud solutions
- Prior experience working in a Buying / Procurement Organization
- English: Proven verbal and written communication skills
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.