JOB PURPOSE AND IMPACT
This position will participate as a member of our team that obtains goods and services required by the organization. We seek an entry-level professional who will help conduct the steps involved in getting products from suppliers to customers. In this role you will handle less-complex procurement activities, which include handling procurement transactions and inventory and procurement records.
- Process requests for procurement of materials/goods, services and supplies.
- Run and provide basic analysis of predefined procurement and inventory management system reports.
- Help gather readily available information and build a basic understanding of plant operations to provide general forecasting of longer-term supply needs.
- Contribute to inventory and production planning and control to achieve targeted quality, waste and inventory levels.
- Follow established procedures to select suppliers for procurement of non contracted materials, goods, services and supplies.
- Administer transactions associated with obtaining goods and services.
- You will work under direct supervision and handle basic issues and problems, while referring more complex issues to higher-level staff.
- Other duties as assigned
Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience
Other minimum qualifications may apply
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Science, Business Administration, Supply Chain Management, or equivalent education and experience.
- Demonstrated strong self-initiative, sense of urgency and customer relationship building skills.
- Demonstrate a "hands-on" style and willingness to engage proactively with stakeholders at all levels, within the sub-region.
- Ability to present information (prepare reports, rationale and recommendations clearly and concisely to all levels of management).
- Understanding of the Procure to Pay process and related technologies
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint), SAP ECC, Ariba or other PRTP Cloud solutions
- English: Proven verbal and written communication skills
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.