Cargill operates some of the most technologically advanced production plants in the world. We need dependable, efficient, safety-minded individuals to join our team. General Operators are vital to our daily operations. Examples of roles include preparing meat to be cooked, palletizing boxed product, administration work, using scanners and computers to track product, and verifying quality and accuracy. Please note, specific roles will vary greatly by plant and location. Safety is always our number one priority, and no matter your experience level, we'll train you for success. Your work in our plants can help you grow both personally and professionally. Discover how your work can nourish the world and help you thrive.
Back to Job Navigation (Overview)
What makes a successful General Production Professional at Cargill?
Check out some of the key traits that are important for this job to see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
Back to Job Navigation (Success)
“What I like about Cargill's safety procedures is that they're really easy to follow and they've become a really big part of our culture here.”
Rachel G., QA Food Safety Support
“I've worked at several different plants, and I feel Cargill listens and cares for everyone's safety. I feel like safety is there main focus with employees. They've provided me with ESL classes to take, and great discounts with gym memberships which gives me energy helps me focus day in and day out. I just love it here!”
“Cargill has change my life a lot! I feel like people really care about their employees. They have been very supportive with my life changes and have even given me an opportunity to move up. I'm now a safety lead at my table.”
“Here at Cargill, people treat me good, and I treat them good. Since I've been working here, I've been able to grow spiritually, and mentally. I've been able to gain confidence in wanting to move up in my position. Since I've been working here at Cargill, I've gotten married, and thankful that I can support me and my beautiful wife.”
Job ID PAL00081
Date posted 02/23/2021
As the Maintenance Technician in this plant your primary job requirement is to follow the plant maintenance program. Included are the repair, replacement, lubrication and inspection of parts or equipment in production and around the facility. Work is completed out in the plant site or at a bench in the maintenance shop.
- Ensure safe, timely and satisfactory completion of all mechanical maintenance work.
- Maintain and improve the plants preventive/predictive maintenance system.
- Lead problem solving and analyze results of maintenance repairs to ensure plant objectives are met.
- Maintain a professional relationship by active collaboration with other departments in the plant.
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Must be legally entitled to work for Cargill in Canada.
- Cargill requires that employees be a minimum of 18 years old.
- Ability to perform physical job duties which may include bending, lifting up to 50lbs, kneeling, climbing, crawling, and twisting safely, with or without a reasonable accommodation
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 pounds.
- Ability to work in elevated areas (4 feet and above)
- Ability to work in varied indoor and outdoor conditions which may include heat, cold, dust, loud noise, etc., with the use of personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Ability to understand and communicate in English(verbal/written
- High School diploma or Equivalent
- Basic use of a computer and typing skills
- Ability to work overtime.
- Ability to work overtime includingweekends, holidays, or different shifts with advance notice
- Must possess a Maintenance Millwright Cerification
- Able to operate machinery and/or industrial equipment
- Prior industrial maintenance experience or related work
- Working knowledge of Microsoft office software, with an emphasis on Excel and Word
- Working knowledge of inventory system
- Able to perform maintenance trades including machinist, welding, pipe fitting, and fabrication, rigging systems, gearbox and bearing, maintenance, lubrication, pumps and piping systems, mechanical maintenance and hydraulic and pneumatic.
- Forklift certified
- Experience with SAP or a Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS)
This full time position is located in Palmerston, Ontario; however please expect receiving calls from a 204 area code in case you are considered. Relocation assistance is not provided.
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Find Your Match