Feed Mill Operator
Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive — a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field.
At Cargill we have a Culture of Safety, our goal is to return everyone safely back to their loved ones every day.
Location: Palmerston, Ontario
Job Type: Full Time
Shift(s) Available: Rotating
- Reporting to the Plant Manager, the Mill Operator works with other operators, supervisors and other personnel to ensure safe, efficient operations, as well as striving to meet customer requirements all while keeping the plant in a clean and efficient state
- Operate and monitor using computerized and controlled systems associated with the production of feed; including grinders, oil handling, and paletizing equipment
- Ensure accurate information of scale weights and transactions are recorded daily
- Load and receive incoming and outgoing trucks per plant requirements
- Collect & process samples as required
- Troubleshoot minor problems as needed and perform maintenance tasks to fix
- Maintain a safe and sanitary atmosphere with a high regard for environmental impact of the operation
- Understand and adhere to all safety rules and regulations
- Assist plant personnel as needed, and perform other duties as requested by the leadership team
- Understanding and adhering to all safety rules and regulations
- Maintaining a safe and clean work environment
- Other projects and activities as assigned
- Understanding and adhering to all safety rules and regulations.
- Maintaining a safe and clean work environment.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be legally entitled to work for Cargill in Canada.
- Cargill requires that employees be a minimum of 18 years old.
- Ability to perform physical job duties which may include bending, lifting up to 50lbs, kneeling, climbing, crawling, and twisting safely, with or without a reasonable accommodation
- Must be able to work in varied indoor and outdoor conditions which may include heat, cold, dust, loud noise, etc., with the use of personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Ability to work in elevated areas (4 feet and above)
- Must be able to operate machinery and/or industrial equipment
- Ability to understand and communicate in English (verbal/written)
- Ability to work overtime including weekends, holidays, or different shifts with advance notice
- Prior experience in production related work
- A high level of mechanical aptitude
- Competent computer knowledge, including Microsoft Office/SAP
- Ability to prioritize tasks and follow-up
- Strong time management skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- High School diploma or equivalent
This Full-time position is located in Palmerston, Ontario; however please expect receiving calls from a 204 area code in case you are considered. Relocation assistance is not provided.
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.