Key Account Manager
The posting is open for candidates based in Netherlands, France, Belgium, Germany and Switzerland.
Position Purpose & Summary
The Key Account Manager is accountable for building the customer relationships, creating insights, developing and defining the sales vision and long-term goals for Cargill Protein Europe (CPE) 's sales to Leading Quick Service Restaurant Chain’s across continental Europe. This also includes other commercial accountabilities like achieving margin & volume targets and establishing growth through customer intimacy and product and process innovation.
Furthermore, he/she will be coordinating New Product Development projects, delivering the CPE value propositions, and gaining industry knowledge and translating this back into the wider commercial organization and wider business team and explore opportunities for supply into new markets which can be supplied from CPE’s European assets.
He/she will engage across the CPE business team to ensure clear communication and alignment of customer priorities, issues and opportunities. They lead customer facing projects and key commercial activity, creating project teams across the CPE business and ensure clear alignment on customer and business commercial objectives. This is an important position within our organisation and has a lot of opportunity to grow!
Achieving Commercial Growth Targets
Build Develop & Maintain internal / external customer / client relationships. (40%)
- Maintains relationships with the key partners and customers in supplied markets, inclusive of preparation and leading of business reviews and execution of value propositions.
- Maintain and build relationships in strategic target markets and identifies supply opportunities.
- Deepens customer insights and understanding of customer needs and ensures effective communication of these to the business team.
Project Management. (30%)
- Positioning Cargill for leading opportunities and long term solutions by presenting the company’s capabilities and solutions and by engaging and coordinating resources across the organisation.
- Lead New Product Development and promotional activity with key markets - seeking opportunity, championing resource allocation and managing/ coordinating projects through to commercial execution.
- Lead through coordinating the development and implementation of key customer activity like brand trust projects and representation in front of key external partners and media representatives.
Leading key commercial activity (15%)
- Coordinates preparation for and execution of price negotiations for continental European markets.
- Leads reporting of capacity utilisation to our key partners, and being able to handle reported information and maintains and enhances contingency plans and ensures understanding, engagement and carrying out the business value proposition.
- Develops and implements approach for growing market shares and increasing margin contribution
- Predicts and resolves highly sophisticated issues with key client and develops mitigation strategies before issues materialize and ensures robust business response and customer communication when issues do occur.
Performance Targets, Measurements & Results (10%)
- Translate business plans and strategies into country specific go to market plans and drives business execution of defined business performance targets: sales volume, pricing and sales contribution margin.
- Develops accurate forecast that includes sophisticated opportunities that are ground-breaking/strategic for the customer.
- Accountable for leading all steps in sales effectiveness process.
People Talent & Budget Management (Coaching & Talent Development) (5%)
- May coach or develop other (Strategic) account managers and sales support on all aspects of sales / (Strategic) account management.
Minimum Required Qualifications
- University or Higher Vocational degree
- Fluent in French and English
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in sales (account management) and at least 4 years in leading cross functional teams within international B-to-B market (for instance food, ingredients) and affinity with the food industry
- Experience with leading highly complex accounts and customer initiated cross functional projects
- Working experience in matrix-organization and consultative value based selling skills
- Proven Innovating and Conceptualizing competencies
- Excellent collaborative and communicative skills
- Understanding futures markets and experience with hedging is a plus
- Customer driven, networker, influencer, curiosity, good listener
- Self-awareness, accountability and resilience
- Courage and Integrity
In return for your expertise and commitment, we will provide a fast paced stimulating international environment, which will stretch your abilities and channel your talents. We also offer competitive salary and benefits combined with outstanding career development opportunities in one of the largest and most solid private companies in the world.
Interested? Then make sure to send us your CV and cover letter in English today.
Follow us on LinkedIn:https://www.linkedin.com/company/cargill
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.