Pilot Plant Supervisor
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s food ingredients and bio-industrial business, where we anticipate trends around taste, nutrition and safety to innovate and provide solutions to manufacturers, retailers and foodservice companies.
JOB PURPOSE AND IMPACT
We are seeking an enthusiastic professional to join our innovative R&D team.
The Pilot Plant Supervisor will be the key role in the development of functional blends of Cargill portfolio for strategic categories like dairy, bakery and convenience in the META region. The Pilot Plant Supervisor will manage & coordinate pilot plant activities to develop new and current projects in line with the business needs and produce prototypes while following Cargill’s food safety and environmental, health and safety procedures and policies. The Pilot Plant will be established in Orhangazi, Bursa with the latest technology to better partner and serve to our customers in the META region
- Run day-t-day activities the pilot plant, equipment and utilities.
- Perform application work in lab or pilot plant on development projects and on customer requests.
- Perform analytical and chemical lab analyses on prototypes or raw materials and record results.
- Coordinate and conduct customer visits to the pilot plant, based on Cargill procedures.
- Develop recipes, processes and formulation based on customer requests and projects.
- Visit customers production lines for product trials when needed. Organize, observe, and follow up the production trials on large scale production at our customer and support on processing.
- Evaluate and report the results of application work of lab and pilot plant on development projects.
- Search and approve new ingredients and suppliers and maintain supply inventory, ordering supplies, package and raw materials.
- Setting up weekly, monthly annual programs of pilot plant and execution to support projects/ requests.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Fluent in English.
- Experience with experimental design, data analysis and management.
- Minimum of 5 years of related work experience in R&D operation and hands- on process experience in dairy industry (pilot scale or production scale).
- Bachelor’s degree in food science, food engineering or equivalent experience
- Experience in working with formulation and recipes.
- Experince in ingredients
- Experience collaborating across functional areas and outstanding customer focus.
- Knowledge on finished goods and experience in analytical methods (chemical and physical) in dairy category.
- Knowledge on UHT processing, dairy products production, EHS, quality and food safety rules and applications).
- Interest & competencies to work with bigger process equipment (pilot scale).
In return for your expertise and commitment, we will provide a fast paced stimulating international environment, which will stretch your abilities and channel your talents. We also offer competitive salary and benefits combined with outstanding career development opportunities in one of the largest and most solid private companies in the world.
Interested? Then make sure to send us your CV and cover letter in English today.
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.