Maintenance & Reliability Supervisor
Position Purpose & Summary
To maintain healthy plant assets and equipment capabilities through leadership of the execution team of the Maintenance & Reliability organisation. This will be possible by developing and deploying maintenance processes in the respective parts of the organization, together with Maintenance Manager, by balancing priorities, tasks and resources in order to maximise reliability performance in a sustainable way. In addition, all opportunities to improve processes, people knowledge, engagement and costs will be captured while complying with EHS and Food Safety requirements. Activities include development, alignment and implementation of reliability excellence practices/processes, proactive maintenance and repair, contractor/vendor management, best practice application, people development, training and management. practices/processes.
The function will have the following key activities:
(0) RELIABILITY EXCELLENCE GOVERNANCE (DEVELOP, ALIGN & IMPLEMENT RE PRACTICES & PROGRAMS)
- Set direction and objectives for the team to identify equipment reliability opportunities supported by input from the proactive part of the organisation and central BU Equipment Reliability Strategies (ERS).
- Supports the deployment of Reliability Excellence processes in his/her area of influence and ensures the reliability culture is foundational to operations.
- Enforces common reliability processes, metrics and tools focussing on failure/reliability problem root cause identification and elimination.
- Achieve targeted results from continuous improvement practices, and validates the importance of Reliability Excellence through key successes (not limited to scorecard and metrics control, total cost of maintenance, total cost of ownership, monthly review of compliance to audits)
- Support local alignment, deployment and execution of Business Unit reliability excellence vision, strategy and processes to change reliability culture.
- Ensure work execution procedures and plans are in compliance with all business unit/facility policies and procedures related to environment, Safety and food safety, housekeeping, HACCP, ISO and country legislation.
- Ensure, through appropriate resources, that processes are aligned with theexecution area of the Proactive Model.
(0) OPERATIONAL EFFECTIVENESS/CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT/PREVENT – MAINTAIN & REPAIR
- Equipment Reliability Strategies (ERS) plan is in place and executed as part of the Asset Health Assurance Model.
- Support with appropriate knowledge the execution of asset criticality as part of the Asset Health Assurance Model.
- Support with appropriate knowledge RCA, RCM, 5Why, 5S and eMOC processes.
- Ensure deployment of Precision Maintenance skills for both internal and external people.
- Support and contribute to the failure reduction strategy of the Maintenance & Reliability Business Plan.
- Responsible for compliance with all legal activities and acting as nominated person where required (according plant organization).
- Deploy a continuous improvement process based on effective KPIs for gaps identification and elimination.
- Evaluate shut down activities to give the right priorities to proactive works for critical equipment.
- Contribute to refinement of the work preparation process through work orders/job plans feedback and improve efficiency by addressing proposals/solutions to improve wrench time.
- Prepare/support preparation and follow critical tasks in particular during shut down and Special Maintenance Activities.
- Responsible for the appropriate pre-scheduling and delegation of activities for a team of maintenance/reliability employees and 3rd party contractors.
- Responsible for the High Voltage operating liability for Cargill Orhangazi Plant
() PROJECT PLANNING, CONTRACT/VENDOR MANAGEMENT
- Participate in and support new capital investment project initiatives with assets maintainability input.
- Act as Project Leader, when requested, of replacement/Maintenance projects.
- Propose replacement projects based on assets health and conditions for the respective area of responsibility.
- Manage on-going maintenance/reliability related projects (i.e. asset reliability/defect elimination) utilizing a broad knowledge of maintenance and reliability practices and procedures.
- Participate in the contractors’ selection and evaluation processes.
- Recommend/approve selection of contractors/vendors based on their reliability knowledge and precision maintenance practices.
- Align suppliers of maintenance services and materials with BU Reliability Process.
() BEST PRACTICE APPLICATION, TRAINING & SUPPORT
- Ensure procedures are documented to provide process sustainability and capture maintenance and reliability best practices.
- Responsible that works are executed in adherence with acceptance criteria and required quality.
- Responsible that safety and food safety procedure are applied before, during and after work execution.
- Oversee the execution of repair procedures and tasks to ensure compliance with the fundamental plant reliability strategies, standards and practices.
() PEOPLE/BUDGET MANAGEMENT
- Responsible for the people management in area of responsibility including recruiting, retention, development and engagement of the Execution Team.
- Assign and enable direct reports to fulfil priorities for reliable operation through delivery of performance requests by OPEX team, and partner functions (FSQR, QA, EHS, …)
- Through proposals for the overall Maintenance Business plan, contribute to preparation and control of the actual budget by Process Functions in the respective area of responsibility.
- Through continuous improvement and failure reduction processes, contribute to stable and reliable operation with consequent reduction of costs.
- Contribute to Special Maintenance Activities and Replacement Project 3-5 years plans according to critical asset health conditions.
- Define technical training matrix and coach direct reports in their jobs to ensure alignment between job position requirements and actual skill/knowledge, focusing on skills training and development, safety practices and work standards.
- Build and retain skills and knowledge identifying SME for key equipment/knowledge and make them available for the entire BU when needed.
- Ensure engagement of the whole team by evaluating necessary skills and supporting their development through job rotation, PMP and follow up of regular communication meetings.
- Develop a workforce planning for his/her dpt. promoting talent development also potentially suitable for other plant areas in adherence with the required team performance.
() PSRM Process Safety Risk Analysis
- Responsible to Request, collect, upload PSI for MOC, new project & installation
- Support to Review PSI annually
- Support to Conduct PRA & Assign tasks accordingly - When required
- Support to Review PRAs as per PSRM Guideline
- Responsible to Ownership of "Asset Integrity Program (MIP) "
- Responsible to Conduct & Record PSSR when required
- Responsible to Review PSSR Checklist annually
- Responsible to Keep safe work practices (p2w - LOTO -ETS -SOP etc )system working
- Responsible to Annual review of safe work practices (p2w - LOTO -ETS -SOP etc )
- Support to Organize,communicate and follow up the annual plan
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline (preferably Electrical Engineer or Electrical&Electronic Engineer)
- Good knowledge of Maintenance process and activities.
- Advanced computer skills.
- Minimum 3 - 5 years experience in maintenance supervisory or reliability role in a small medium size plant.
- Working knowledge of technical English (verbal and written).
- Demonstrated effective systematic problem solving skills.
- Working and practical knowledge for PdM technologies (Level 1 certification) such as: Vibration Analysis, Oil Analysis, Infra Red, Ultra Sound, and Motor Circuit Evaluation.
- Extensive knowledge of Maintenance Management System
- Understanding operating context of site assets / process systems
- Conversant with FMEA and capable to facilitate RCM process.
- Ability to organize, coordinate and accomplish multiple tasks.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain effective working relationships internally and externally.
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Experience working with or establishing a team. Ability to be a team leader.
- Ability to develop and conduct trainings for Reliability topics.
In return for your expertise and commitment, we will provide a fast paced stimulating international environment, which will stretch your abilities and channel your talents. We also offer competitive salary and benefits combined with outstanding career development opportunities in one of the largest and most solid private companies in the world.
Interested? Then make sure to send us your CV and cover letter in English today.
Follow us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/cargill
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
The Cargill Cocoa Promise is committed to securing a thriving cocoa sector for generations.
Our inclusive culture helps us shape the future of the world.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.