As a Settlement Specialist you will work in a fast paced team environment, interacting with Cargill farm customers, purchasing, merchandising and location employees. Main responsibilities are accounting focused, including preparation of grain settlement documents, issuing payments and control and monitoring activities, as well as other related duties. You will be responsible for meeting productivity goals on these activities.
70%: Truck Grain Settlements- complete simple grain accounting transactions to ensure timely and accurate processing of payments to farmer and commercial customers. Work with multiple locations, origination team members & customers remotely from a centralized settlement office. Utilization of Cargill’s In-House Grain Accounting System (Lynx), JD Edwards and SalesForce.com systems in conjunction with various MS Office applications. Meet settlement transaction productivity goals as established by the workforce management process.
20%: Control & Compliance - Perform control and monitoring functions relative to accounts payable, accounts receivable including credit, state & federal warehousing requirements, customer account setup & modification, prepare customer communication updates relative to grain settlements, customer mailings and other duties as assigned.
10%: General Support – Cash application, assist other co-workers as needed, assist with special projects as needed, and any other duties as assigned.
Relocation assistance will not be provided for this position.
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• 2+ years finance, accounting, customer service or related work experience
• Ability to work extended or flexible hours as seasonal workloads require
• Associate degree or higher
• Production agriculture and grain merchandising knowledge
• Familiarity with SalesForce.com applications
• Demonstrated proficiency in multiple business applications: MS Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Outlook
• Able to perform basic calculations and mathematical figures
Key Attributes for Success
• Demonstrated high levels of interpersonal communication, written and verbal communication, and documentation skills
• Proven ability to execute complex and detailed processes and procedures timely, accurately and consistently
• Ability to multi-task, prioritize workflow and complete tasks with a high level of organization, responsibility, and efficiency
• Proven ability to adapt in a faced paced, changing environment
• Demonstrated ability to accept accountability and to work individually and as part of a team
• Demonstrated strong problem solving and resolution skills
• Team oriented leadership and influencing skills
• Strong customer service skills with ability to build and maintain lasting relationships.
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.