Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s animal nutrition and health business, where we improve lives through better nutrition. Our team researches, innovates and creates solutions that deliver healthy results for our customers.
The Purchasing Coordinator will apply basic knowledge of local practices and procedures to handle, organize and coordinate procurement of materials, goods, services and supplies. In this role, you will conduct activities focused on transporting products from suppliers to customers.
- Applies a basic understanding of local practices and procedures to manage, organize, and coordinate processes for procurement of externally manufactured materials/goods, services, and or supplies
- Execute and coordinate transactions completely, accurately, and timely to fulfill customer direct shipment orders from external manufacturers and ensure timely payment to suppliers
- Assist more senior team members with process improvements.
- Check records and files for accuracy, performing basic analysis of data.
- Lead requests for procurement of non-contracted materials and finished good.
- Perform administrative activities in alignment with strategic sourcing strategies and policies.
- You will work under minimal supervision and independently handle complex clerical, administrative, technical or customer support issues while referring only the most complex issues to higher-level staff.
- Other duties as assigned
Relocation assistance will not be provided for this position.
- High school diploma or equivalent GED.
- Minimum of four years of related work experience
- Two years’ experience in procurement processes (purchasing, vendor management, invoicing, etc.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Enjoys fast paced environment and flexible to changes
- Ability to work independently
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Working knowledge and experience using SAP
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.