Management Associate Intern 2021
Imagine an internship where you get the chance to apply knowledge gained in the classroom to a real-life environment and then multiply that tenfold. From day one, you will be an integral part of the team. Internships are 12 weeks long, and we pride ourselves on having one of the most diverse internship programs in the industry. During the internship, you will tackle real challenges, cultivate your curiosity, have client exposure, enjoy both personal and team accomplishments and have your initiative acknowledged along the way. You will collaborate and build relationships with colleagues and clients who represent diverse work, culture and resolution styles. We look for people who want to grow, support, think and produce.
As a Management Associate Intern you will gain hands-on experience and see what working at Cargill is really like. You’ll be exposed to Cargill’s Animal Nutrition business, and given a chance to demonstrate how you may fit with our organization. Management Associate Interns will be exposed to a wide variety of challenging aspects of the business including: risk management, customer operations, and supply chain.
- Feed formulation and pricing
- Risk Management
- Business Financials
- Customer Relations
- Supply Chain
In addition to daily responsibilities, a significant project will be assigned at the beginning of the internship. The project will create exposure to a variety of work and cross functional teams. Our interns may have accountability or shared accountability for the following:
- Customer Operations
- Supply Chain Strategy & Execution
- Feed Formulation and Pricing
- Commodity Merchandising
- Business Financials
- Employee Engagement
- Cargill offers both housing assistance and relocation reimbursement to interns who qualify (based on mileage).
- Internships are paid and are at least 12 weeks in duration.
- Day–to-day transportation to and from work is the responsibility of the intern.
- Opportunity to network with Cargill Leadership as well as other interns nationwide will be provided and encouraged.
- Assuming excellent internship job performance and job availability, interns may be hired as full-time employees following graduation or for a second summer internship.
- Attend Intern Forum, an event held at Cargill headquarters in Minneapolis, MN, designed to give exposure to leadership and cross-functional interns from across the U.S.
- As employees, interns receive access to Cargill volunteer and community outreach opportunities and paid time off to participate in volunteer activities.
We want you to excel at Cargill! We strongly believe that combining your interpersonal skills and curiosity with a top team of professionals just for you will be the winning combination to help you thrive. During the internship, you will have three allocated resources assigned to you: university recruiter, supervisor and mentor. In addition to these individuals, you will also expand your network across our global business as you build your own network of resources to help you in your career.
We promote a culture that celebrates differences. This is a reflection of the clients we serve and generates intellectually diverse employees. Cargill’s Business Resource Groups (BRGs) help us embrace our diversity, make our culture more inclusive and leverage our employees’ unique talents and perspectives to benefit our organization and employees.
Our U.S. Business Resource Groups include:
- Asian Alliance Network
- Cargill Young Professionals Network
- Cargill Ability Network (iCAN)
- Cargill Ebony Council
- Group Responsible for Orienting and Welcoming (GROW)
- Hispanic-Latino Council
- Cargill Pride Network
- Veterans & Military Support Network
- Cargill Women’s Network
- Various U.S. Locations - Shippensburg, PA; Olathe, KS; Amarillo, TX
- Office Setting
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree from an accredited program in supply chain, operations, business, sales, finance, agribusiness, animal science or related degree.
- Graduating between December 2021 – August 2023 with a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree and eligible for full-time employment.
- Right to work in the U.S. that is not based solely on possession of a student visa or a visa sponsored by a third-party employer.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with individuals from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
- All candidates must be geographically flexible and willing to relocate to Shippensburg, PA; Olathe, KS; or Amarillo, TX for an internship opportunity.
- Able to complete a 12-week internship in the summer (May/June - August 2021).
- Must possess a high degree of initiative and resourcefulness in completing work with limited guidance.
- Minimum GPA of 3.0
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s animal nutrition and health business, where we improve lives through better nutrition. Our team researches, innovates and creates solutions that deliver healthy results for our customers.
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.