Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 155,000 employees who use new technologies, dynamic insights and over 154 years of experience to connect farmers with markets, customers with ingredients, and people and animals with the food they need to thrive.
Connect to meaningful work. Feed the world. Achieve your higher purpose.
What if your ideas could nourish the world? As an entry-level associate, we transfer your knowledge and skills into profound experiences that positively impact our global community. From food to transportation, your innovative solutions, collaboration and dedication will evolve industries to take on tomorrow's greatest challenges. And that's just the beginning. Because when your skills meet our unrivaled network and breadth of opportunity, your career is without bounds. Join our community to realize the impact of your work, help people around the world and connect with something greater.
Management Associate Position:
The Management Associate is an entry-level functional expert. Associates will complete an intensive 6-12 month training program within one of our core functions in Pricing, Supply Chain, or Commodity Merchandising and Risk Management. The program includes learning of both strategic and tactical business concepts within Cargill’s Animal Nutrition business. Associates will be evaluated on their technical skills, business acumen, and leadership actions and potential. Once you have demonstrated an understanding of the business, you would move into a position within one of the core functions listed above, the functional areas of Pricing, Supply Chain or Commodity Merchandising & Risk Management. Your career path can lead to key individual contributor roles or supervisory positions within Cargill Animal Nutrition. Leaders like you are our future. Let us take you there.
This position will have accountability for learning and positively impacting the following aspects of the business:
- Supply Chain Strategy & Execution
- Feed Formulation
- Commodity Merchandising, Trading, Risk Management and Sourcing
- Business Financials
- Employee Engagement
No matter who you are or where you are, we’ve designed our plans and programs to meet your needs. We want to help you take care of what’s needed for today and offer protection to help with tomorrow’s what-ifs. You’ll have access to a wide variety of flexible and inclusive programs to meet your health, financial, and work/life needs to support you and help you thrive. Eligible programs and incentives include:
- Paid holidays and floating holidays
- Paid time off
- Comprehensive health care plans
- Short term and long-term incentives
- Mental Health and Wellbeing program
- Digital Learning Library
- Retirement plans
- Paid time to participate in volunteer and community outreach opportunities
- Tuition reimbursement programs
- Relocation benefits for those that qualify
Our Vibrant Community:
At Cargill, you will be a part of our vibrant global community with a culture that celebrates diversity. This is a reflection of the clients we serve and generates an intellectually diverse set of employees. Business Resource Groups (BRGs) help us embrace our diversity, make our culture more inclusive and enhance our employees’ outstanding talents and perspectives to benefit our organization and employees.
Our U.S. Business Resource Groups include:
Asian Alliance Network, Cargill Young Professionals Network, Cargill Ability Network (iCAN), Cargill Ebony Council, Group Responsible for Orienting and Welcoming (GROW), Hispanic-Latino Council, Cargill Pride Network, Veterans & Military Support Network, and Cargill Women’s Network.
- Kansas City, KS; Amarillo, TX; Shippensburg, PA
- Office setting
- Travel approximately 10% or less
- Right to work in the U.S. that is not based solely on possession of a student visa or a visa sponsored by a third-party employer
- Pursuing a bachelor’s or master’s degree from an accredited program in supply chain, operations, business, sales, finance, agribusiness, ag economics, animal science or related degree; and graduating between December 2022 and August 2023
- Ability to work optimally with individuals from a diverse set of backgrounds and cultures
- Willing and able to relocate
- Ability to solve complex problems through collaboration, creativity and determination.
- Strong analytical skills, aptitude to conceptualize big picture as well as dive into details
- Ability to take calculated risks and able to execute decisively
- Ability to contribute, both as part of a team and individually
- Strong communication skills – written and oral
Cargill highly encourages vaccinations but does not mandate at this time. Upon hire, you will be asked to provide your vaccination status, and if unvaccinated or if you choose not to disclose, you would be expected to follow Cargill’s safety protocols for unvaccinated employees (i.e., mask mandates, and social distancing).
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.