Management Associate 2021
From day one, you will be an integral part of the team. You will have the opportunity to build specific skills, knowledge and attitudes that will enable you to transition to various roles within Cargill. We pride ourselves on having one of the most diverse career trajectories in the industry. As an associate, you will collaborate and build relationships with colleagues and clients who represent diverse work, culture and resolution styles. At Cargill we look for people who want to grow, support, think and produce. You've got big plans. We can help you pursue them.
The Management Associate is an entry-level agribusiness management position. Associates will complete an extensive 24-30 month training program which assists you in developing your technical and management skills. The program includes learning of both strategic and tactical business concepts within Cargill’s Animal Nutrition business. Associates will be evaluated on their technical skills, business acumen, and leadership actions and potential. Once you have demonstrated an understanding of the business, you would move into a position within one of the functional areas.
Your career path can lead to key individual contributor or supervisory positions within Cargill Animal Nutrition along with additional corporate opportunities. Cargill also offers you the flexibility to move into sales or production assignments based on your interest and personal skill development plan. Career advancement will include relocation based on the availability of openings at our multiple locations across the United States. Relocation can accelerate your career by helping you gain greater insight of our business and increase your responsibilities.
This position will have accountability for learning and positively impacting the following aspects of the business:
- Customer Operations
- Supply Chain Strategy & Execution
- Feed Formulation and Pricing
- Commodity Merchandising
- Business Financials
- Employee Engagement
- Cargill offers relocation benefits to associates who qualify (based on mileage).
- Associates are eligible for comprehensive health care plans and incentives.
- Tuition reimbursement benefits are offered to associates who wish to continue their education in their career field.
- Associates are offered competitive retirement plans and registration assistance.
- As employees, associates receive access to Cargill volunteer and community outreach opportunities and paid time off to participate in volunteer activities.
We promote a culture that celebrates differences. This is a reflection of the clients we serve and generates intellectually diverse employees. Cargill’s Business Resource Groups (BRGs) help us embrace our diversity, make our culture more inclusive and leverage our employees’ unique talents and perspectives to benefit our organization and employees.
Our U.S. Business Resource Groups include:
- Asian Alliance Network
- Cargill Young Professionals Network
- Cargill Ability Network (iCAN)
- Cargill Ebony Council
- Group Responsible for Orienting and Welcoming (GROW)
- Hispanic-Latino Council
- Cargill Pride Network
- Veterans & Military Support Network
- Cargill Women’s Network
- Various US locations - Olathe, KS; Amarillo, TX; Shippensburg, PA
- Office Setting
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree from an accredited program in supply chain, operations, business, sales, finance, agribusiness, animal science or related degree
- Graduating with a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree between December 2020 and August 2021 and eligible for full-time employment.
- Right to work in the U.S. that is not based solely on possession of a student visa or a visa sponsored by a third-party employer
- Willing and able to relocate to Olathe, KS; Amarillo, X; and/or Shippensburg, PA
- Ability to solve complex problems through collaboration, creativity and determination.
- Strong analytical skills, aptitude to conceptualize big picture as well as dive into details
- Ability to take calculated risks and able to execute decisively
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with individuals from diverse backgrounds and cultures
- Ability to contribute, both as part of a team and individually
- Strong communication skills – written and oral
- Minimum GPA of 3.0
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.