Site Supervisor - Oaklands
Cargill’s supply chain encompasses all aspects from origination to destination this allows our employee’s the opportunity to learn, grow and engage in meaningful work that makes a positive impact to our Australian customers and communities.
As the Site Supervisor for our grain storage and handling facilities at Oaklands. Reporting to the Site Manager you will be supporting daily activities across the site operations and provide team leadership with a focus on safety, operational efficiency, talent development/management and maintaining performance standards.
You will support in site operational tasks and presentation, contractor management and be a key point of contact for permanent and casual staff. You will lead safety and risk management programmes and look for way to improve operations and procedures.
Skills / Experience
- Experience with plant operations, front end loaders, tractors, tele handlers, bulk material conveying and small plant and hand tools
- Experience in leading high performing workgroups with through proactive and engaging communication.
- Experience within the grain, agriculture or bulk material handling industries
- Have a sound knowledge and understanding of Health & Safety standards with an ability and desire to promote a proactive safety culture and to stop and address unsafe work or practices
- Take a hand’s on and practical approach to work tasks and have an ability to problem solve
- Pass a National Police Clearance and pre-employment medical assessment
Due to the changing demands of the role you must have a willingness to work flexible hours when needed to meet customer requirements
Cargill is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applications are treated with complete confidentiality.
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.