Health and Safety Coordinator
Responsible for location Health and Safety administrative support. Provides varied technical support duties through the following areas of focus: implementation of Health and Safety strategy, maintenance and continuous improvement of Health and Safety results, shaping of the internal Health and Safety culture and management of the external Health and Safety brand.
- Develops and updates Health and Safety program and process documentation by incorporating clearly defined instructions and edits provided by from Corporate, Business and local leaders
- Develops new processes and procedures to manage complex administrative Health and Safety tasks.
25% MAINTAIN AND CONTINUOUSLY IMPROVE HEALTH AND SAFETY RESULTS
- Collects Health and Safety or conducts routine observation/ inspection through a variety of well-documented methods.
- Conducts EHS Auditing & risk assessments & provide support to other Auditing efforts (FSQR, etc.)
- Monitor and report leading and lagging safety performance indicators in a group setting and to management
- Enters routine data into a variety of pre-existing systems.
- Through existing systems, runs a variety of pre-existing Health and Safety reports for use by more senior Health and Safety team members.
- Maintains pre-existing Health and Safety systems, utilizing complex administrative tactics.
- Conducts preliminary review of Health and Safety data to ensure quality against pre-defined criteria
25% SHAPE INTERNAL HEALTH AND SAFETY CULTURE
- Creates and updates Health and Safety training materials by incorporating clearly defined instructions from Corporate, Business and local Leaders.
- Builds effective working relationship with local departments (production, maintenance, administrative, etc) and employees in order to build and sustain a strong EHS culture
- Provides internal training and support on complex Health and Safety administrative tasks.
- Creates correspondence that may require some modification to standard templates to notify employees on Health and Safety topics.
- May support and maintain Health and Safety communication tools and channels (e.g., website, SharePoint).
- Facilitates pre-existing Health and Safety recognition programs.
- Reviews and builds basic understanding of Corporate/ Business/ Location Health and Safety strategy.
10% ASSIST WITH LOCATION CONTINOUS IMPROVEMENT EFFORTS
- Incorporate a culture of CI within the EHS program
5% ASSIST WITH ADMINISTRATIVE SUPPORT
- Provide support in answering phone, taking customer orders, working with other office staff to contribute to a supportive and engaged team environment
- Associate Degree and 2+ years of experience in health and safety OR High School diploma and 4+ years of experience in related areas.
- Strong communication, conflict resolution, and interpersonal skills.
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) regulation familiarization/experience such as process hazard analysis, hazard recognition/control, understanding of behavior-based safety principles and application.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Comfortable with daily email communication as well as group presentation skills
- Ability to adapt, manage multiple priorities, and learn in a changing work environment.
- Ability to work alone or with a team, self-direct and hold self-accountable
- 5 years of experience in the EHS field.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience with safety and environmental regulations.
- Professional certifications related to EHS.
- Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) development and training.
- Knowledge of OSHA, NFPA and EPA regulations.
- Knowledge of health and safety requirements
- Demonstrated ability to lead people and get results through others.
- Knowledge of Federal, State and Local regulations for air, water and solid wastes
- Bilingual in English and Spanish
The business will not sponsor applicants for work visas for this position.
Relocation assistance will not be provided for this position.
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.