(2nd Shift) Shipping Clerk
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s protein and salt business, where we provide wholesome, high-quality food products to a wide range of customers, from foodservice operators and grocery stores to manufacturers and exporters.
JOB PURPOSE AND IMPACT
The Shipping Clerk works in the shipping, distribution or receiving department and is responsible for accepting, inspecting, monitoring, tracking, and transferring shipments or deliveries for the manufacturing or warehouse facility. In this role you, you will complete administrative tasks to ensure that product movement is accurate and efficient.
- Verify that ingoing or outgoing product shipments are as ordered, and proper documentation is provided.
- Prepare bills of lading and maintain documentation of goods shipped or received.
- Assist management personnel in the planning of resources needed to meet work requirements
- Verify clerical computations against physical count of stock and adjust errors in computation or count, prepare order changes or investigate and report reasons for discrepancies.
- Collaborate closely with operations and logistics to ensure shipments or deliveries are completed as scheduled.
- Safely operate mobile equipment per company policy.
- Identify discrepancies and inaccuracies that pertain to processes and documentations.
- Handle basic clerical, administrative, technical or customer support issues under direct supervision, while escalating more complex issues to appropriate staff.
- Other duties as assigned
Relocation assistance will not be provided for this position.
- High school diploma, secondary education level or equivalent
- Basic computer operation skills for data entry and analysis
- Warehousing experience
- Clerical experience
- One year of forklift experience in a manufacturing environment
- Experience in distribution, inventory, receiving or shipping environments
- Warehouse Management Systems (WMS) experience
- Inventory control accuracy experience
- Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel, Outlook, Teams, etc.)
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.