Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s protein and salt business, where we provide wholesome, high-quality food products to a wide range of customers, from foodservice operators and grocery stores to manufacturers and exporters.
Job Purpose and Impact
The Continuous Improvement Lead will develop, implement and sustain process improvement initiatives. We seek a professional who will conduct continuous improvement activities with medium project cost and risk and activities with less-defined processes for multiple locations.
- Directly provide updates on the project objectives, performance measures, issues and risks to partners and management.
- Monitor and implement continuous improvement best practices.
- Develop and handle continuous improvement plans for projects with low cost and risk, reaching and sustaining project goals.
- Conduct organization readiness assessments, value realization, opportunity prioritization, resource evaluation and execute continuous improvement strategies that meet business needs.
- Independently handle complex issues with minimal supervision, while escalating only the most complex issues to appropriate staff.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or in a related discipline or equivalent experience
- Minimum of four years of related work experience in Manufacturing, Operations, Engineering or Maintenance & Reliability
- Working experience with continuous improvement efforts (lean and/or six sigma)
- Experience effectively training others on continuous improvement tools and processes
- Lean Six Sigma Black Belt certification
- Supervisory or leading experience
- Working knowledge of reliability practices
- Experience working within a Manufacturing Excellence model or Operational Excellence Model, Continuous improvement Models.
- Project management experience
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet
US Covid-19 Vaccination Update: Cargill highly encourages vaccinations but does not mandate at this time. Upon hire, you will be asked to provide your vaccination status, and if unvaccinated or if you choose not to disclose, you would be expected to follow Cargill’s safety protocols for unvaccinated employees (i.e., mask mandates, and social distancing).