Cargill Food Distribution is a full line protein distributor, focused on delivering distinctive value by creating customer solutions to strategic markets. We have an entrepreneurial approach to our core business of merchandising Cargill beef, pork, poultry and other meat items to retailers, food service distributors, processors, institutions and cruise lines. Our size provides opportunities for employees to experience all aspects of the business with the encouragement to leverage individual strengths to grow personally and professionally. Our commitment to our employees and our desire to win together provides the foundation in which we are given freedom to make decisions. Our commitment to our customers gives us the best opportunity for long term success. Every employee plays a role in winning our customer’s business each day. Cargill Food Distribution – Providing our employees with the freedom to deliver.
Job Type: Full time
Shift: Night 6:00 pm to 2:30 am
Compensation: $22/hr - $25/ hr
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Prescription Drug Insurance
- Health and Wellness Incentives
- Paid Vacation and Holidays
- 401(k) with Cargill matching contributions
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
- Short-Term Disability and Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Employee Discounts
- Understanding and adhering to all safety rules and regulations.
- Maintaining a safe and clean work environment.
- Will be responsible for warehouse work in a cold environment.
- This role is responsible for pulling orders generated from the computer for morning deliveries.
- Operate forklift to put away, rotate, and pull pallets out of the rack
- Cold work environment – 90% of time will be spent working in an environment of less than 32 degrees. (Freezer suits, gloves and hats will be provided)
- Operate pallet jack to load/unload trailers
- Stacking, scanning, and wrapping cases with stretch film
- Clean, empty trashcans, general warehouse maintenance
- Wear Proper Personal Protective Equipment: Hardhat, Steel toe Boots, Freezer suit
- Employees are required to perform all of the above tasks on a daily basis.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Right to work in the U.S. that is not based solely on possession of a student visa or a visa sponsored by a third-party employer.
- Cargill requires employees be a minimum of 18 years old to work in a production facility.
- Ability to perform physical job duties which may include bending, lifting up to 50lbs, kneeling, climbing, crawling, and twisting safely, with or without a reasonable accommodation
- Must be able to work in a cold work environment with temperatures ranging from 0 –32 degrees for extended periods of time
- Ability to understand and communicate in English(verbal/written)
- Ability to work overtime including weekends, holidays, or different shifts with advance notice
- Able to work in elevated areas (4 feet and above)
- High School diploma or Equivalent.
- Basic use of a computer
- Knowledge of Microsoft office software, with an emphasis on Excel and Word
- SAP knowledge
- Inventory systems
- Ability to enter and retrieve data
- 1 year of forklift experience
- Prior experience in production related work.
Considered candidates will receive a phone call from a (952) area code. Please note that this position does not include relocation reimbursement.
US Covid-19 Vaccination Update: Cargill highly encourages vaccinations but does not mandate at this time. Upon hire, you will be asked to provide your vaccination status, and if unvaccinated or if you choose not to disclose, you would be expected to follow Cargill’s safety protocols for unvaccinated employees (i.e., mask mandates, and social distancing).
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.