Senior Maintenance - 3rd Shift - Full Time - Nebraska City, NE
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Cargill operates some of the most technologically advanced production plants in the world. We need dependable, efficient, safety-minded individuals to join our team. General Operators are vital to our daily operations. Examples of roles include preparing meat to be cooked, palletizing boxed product, administration work, using scanners and computers to track product, and verifying quality and accuracy. Please note, specific roles will vary greatly by plant and location. Safety is always our number one priority, and no matter your experience level, we'll train you for success. Your work in our plants can help you grow both personally and professionally. Discover how your work can nourish the world and help you thrive.
- Full Time / Part Time
- Level: Entry
- Travel: None
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What makes a successful General Production Professional at Cargill?
Check out some of the key traits that are important for this job to see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
Compensation & Pay Equity
We pay for performance and provide equal pay for the same work.
“What I like about Cargill's safety procedures is that they're really easy to follow and they've become a really big part of our culture here.”Rachel G., QA Food Safety Support
“I've worked at several different plants, and I feel Cargill listens and cares for everyone's safety. I feel like safety is there main focus with employees. They've provided me with ESL classes to take, and great discounts with gym memberships which gives me energy helps me focus day in and day out. I just love it here!”Elisabeth C.
“Cargill has change my life a lot! I feel like people really care about their employees. They have been very supportive with my life changes and have even given me an opportunity to move up. I'm now a safety lead at my table.”Catherine V.
“Here at Cargill, people treat me good, and I treat them good. Since I've been working here, I've been able to grow spiritually, and mentally. I've been able to gain confidence in wanting to move up in my position. Since I've been working here at Cargill, I've gotten married, and thankful that I can support me and my beautiful wife.”Marvin S.
Senior Maintenance - 3rd Shift - Full Time - Nebraska City, NE
This is a full-time position is located in Nebraska City, NE. Please note you may receive calls from a 952 area code if you are considered for the position. Note this position does not provide any type of relocation assistance.
Cargill Protein is the umbrella organization of Cargill’s North American beef, turkey, and food distribution businesses. Our businesses based in Wichita, Kansas, provide wholesome, high quality, nutritious and flavorful products to customers ranging from foodservice operators and grocery stores, to food manufacturers and export markets. These businesses employ more than 28,000 people in the US and Canada, who work at dozens of processing and support facilities.
Cargill Turkey and Cooked Meats
Cargill Turkey and Cooked Meats is a business committed to serving a broad range of retail, foodservice, deli, club store and branded food customers. We are focused on the success of our own national brands as well as the brands of our customers. We utilize state-of-the-art turkey, beef, pork, and chicken processing capabilities to deliver high-quality meat products to our partners. Advanced technologies and imaginative people create innovative solutions and distinctive value for our customers.
Senior Maintenance is a vital role in the daily operations of our facility. There are a variety of roles and responsibilities within this title. The types of roles available require troubleshooting, ensuring proper maintenance and operational status of equipment, using a variety of hand tools to set up, break down, adjust production line machinery, and performing other duties pertaining to hydraulics and pneumatics, all while making safety the number one priority. Maintenance requires being able to read manuals written in English and the ability to write and document information.
While performing the duties of Senior Maintenance, the employee is regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions with slippery surfaces; moving mechanical parts; fast paced warm/cool environment. Positions require standing the entire shift and the use of PPE is required in all areas of the facility.
Perform repetitive tasks. Examples include:
• Using hand tools to perform maintenance on production machinery
• Ensuring food safety and quality
• Cleanliness and housekeeping
• Responding to radio calls from other departments (production, food safety, safety, etc) for maintenance related actions
• Communicating with other departments and other maintenance shifts to ensure proper pass down of maintenance related issues to the next shift.
• Documenting daily work assigned on paper and also in the maintenance management system (SAP)
• Troubleshoot equipment with minimal supervision and communicate the status of the equipment to maintenance management and other departments
• Utilize parts in inventory to repair equipment and follow procedures in documenting what is issued out
1. Ability to operate and set up machines using manuals
2. Able to use multimeters, megohmmeters, and any other test equipment needed to aid in the troubleshooting and repair of equipment
3. Experience using a Maintenance Operating System (SAP) or able to learn a how to use one
4. Ability to troubleshoot and isolate malfunctions on production equipment and show mechanical aptitude
5. Have basic computer skills and ability to use basic hand tools
6. Ability to identify and help correct safety hazards in the work place
7. Able to perform all tasks with minimal supervision
8. Able to do basic math calculations, example: addition, subtraction, multiplication and division
9. Ability to work in a cold environment (40 degrees or less), for up to twelve (12) hours per day
10. Able to work standing for up to twelve (12) hours per day
11. Able to lift 50 lbs at a time
12. Ability to use or learn how to operate a forklift and other motorized equipment
13. Able to write and document information in legible English
14. Able to read manuals in English
15. Able to follow instructions verbally and written
16. Ability to follow maintenance job plans and work orders
17. Ability to perform preventative maintenance work on production equipment
18. Able to use measuring devices to accurately measure different areas of equipment using the metric or standard system
• 1 year previous production or maintenance experience
• Meat processing experience
• Food handling experience
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.