Technical Management Trainee - Cocoa & Chocolate
Launch your career engaging in meaningful work!
Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive – a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. Our purpose is to nourish the world in a safe, responsible and sustainable way. Every day, we connect farmers with markets, customers with ingredients, and people and animals with food. We combine our experience with new technologies and insights to serve as a trusted partner for food, agriculture, financial and industrial customers in more than 125 countries. We offer a diverse, inclusive and inspiring working environment where you will grow personally and professionally.
Our Cocoa & Chocolate Group is here to sustainably provide high-quality cocoa and chocolate throughout the world, bringing our customers peace of mind, integrity and excitement. We are a team of 3,600 passionate cocoa and chocolate specialists working in 52 locations, with the ability to call upon another 160,000 Cargill colleagues around the world. Our Vision is to create smiles and improve livelihoods with cocoa and chocolate. Everything we do is designed to help our customers, our partners and our people to truly thrive.
Location: Mouscron, Belgium
What is the Technical Management Trainee Program about?
We aim to develop top diverse talent towards future expert and managerial roles for our technical and food science function at Cargill. The program offers access to accelerate development on the job and through other channels during a 24-month program which may include depending on your area of expertise:
- Leading or participating in continuous improvement projects in an operations environment, having interaction with maintenance and reliability, manufacturing technology, engineering, safety and quality.
- Being responsible for a significant piece of the production process and for the people that make it happen.
- Participating actively in the safety and food safety in our operations.
- Learning on the job with Cargill specialists, developing technical and soft skills and receiving coaching from your manager and peers.
- Participating in structured learning (digital and instructor led) to develop your technical, professional and leadership skills with peers across Europe, Middle East and Africa, learning from each other during the different sessions of the Cargill European Graduate program.
- Building a peer network across Cargill.
You will join an operations team of 25-30 people in the department of Solids (solid chocolate) and be the part of the site management team working side by side with the production manager, EHS and FSQR coordinators as well as the plant manager at some point. You will start taking up the responsibilities of a production manager from the very first months of the traineeship as well as be involved in various CI projects connected with further automation of the lines. You will work in day (morning and afternoon) shifts only with rare cases of weekend or night shift attendance.
The Mouscron site currently works at its full capacity following the special measures set by the Belgium and EU government and in line with Cargill safety policy.
What you will bring to Cargill (REQUIRED)
- Master degree in Engineering: Process, Chemical, Mechanical or Electrical, Food Science or Food Technology.
- Up to 2 years of work or internship experience in relevant areas.
- Fluency in English and French.
What you will bring to Cargill (PREFERRED)
- Confirmed natural leadership ability and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Hands-on approach and technical affinity.
- Self-starter; highly motivated and able to work independently. Willingness to take responsibility and initiative. Demonstrated experience in prioritizing work and meeting deadlines.
- Teamwork; ability to work in a multi-cultural and multi-functional teams.
- Fast learner and oriented to self-development: curiosity to learn and create new way of building and/or improving systems and processes; lean six sigma experience is a plus.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to proactively identify and resolve problems.
- Flexibility; able to cope with fast changes within a growing company.
- High integrity and ethical standards.
- Willingness and flexibility to travel short-term to other Cargill locations in case required.
The successful candidates will be invited to complete an initial video interview (please, expect to receive an e-mail invitation). After that the shortlisted candidates will have an online video interview with the hiring manager followed by a final face-to-face meeting with the members of the operational team & plant tour on the site.
We will provide a fast-paced stimulating international environment, which will challenge and stretch you. We also offer competitive salary and benefits combined with outstanding career development opportunities in one of the largest private companies in the world!
At Cargill, everyone matters and everyone counts. Cargill is committed to creating and sustaining an inclusive and diverse work environment where all employees are treated with dignity and respect. As such and in alignment with our Guiding Principles, Cargill's long-standing equal employment opportunity policy prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant based on race, ethnicity, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, marital status, family status, citizenship status, veteran status, military status, union affiliation, or any other status protected by law. Cargill is also aligned with all applicable national and local laws and regulations pertaining to non-discrimination and employment.
Interested? Then make sure to send us your CV and cover letter in English today.
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.