FOOD SAFETY AND QUALITY TECHNICIAN
Want tо build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 155,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s food ingredients and bio-industrial business, where we anticipate trends around taste, nutrition and safety to innovate and provide solutions to manufacturers, retailers and foodservice companies.
JOB PURPOSE AND IMPACT
The FOOD SAFETY AND QUALITY TECHNICIAN will complete routine analytical and laboratory testing in support of the food safety quality and operational teams. We are looking for a hardworking person who will perform routine analysis of product testing, being responsible for checking and monitoring instrumentation performance and conducting tests for which we are going to provide intermediate supervision. In this role, you will document results into databases and/or communication test results.
- Conduct routine quantitative and qualitative inspections and laboratory tests on raw materials, in-process and final products independently, supporting more complex trials and experiments under intermediate supervision.
- Ensure compliance programs for all individual testing, which includes monitoring adherence to regulations and other procedural food safety compliance.
- Interpret and document results of tests into active databases and communicate results to internal customers as required.
- Run calibration checks, preventive maintenance tasks, and simple repair to analytical instrumentation, maintaining customer specifications books up-to-date.
- Help develop food/feed safety, quality and regulatory culture collaborating cross-functionally to build, maintain and improve an effective food safety, quality and regulatory culture.
- Handle moderately complex clerical, administrative, technical or customer support issues under general supervision, while escalating more complex issues to appropriate staff.
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma, secondary education level or equivalent
- Minimum of two years of related work experience
- Ability to read and interpret documents (safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals).
- Strong computer program professional knowledge: Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and Outlook.
- Write routine reports and correspondence.
In return for your expertise and commitment, we will provide a fast paced stimulating international environment, which will stretch your abilities and channel your talents. We also offer competitive salary and benefits combined with outstanding career development opportunities in one of the largest and most solid private companies in the world.
Interested? Then make sure to send us your CV and cover letter in English today.
Follow us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/cargill
Cargill is committed to being an inclusive employer. Click here to find out more https://careers.cargill.com/diversity/
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.