Grain Advisory Leader
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s agricultural supply chain business, where we seamlessly connect farming customers with food, feed and industry.
JOB PURPOSE AND IMPACT
The Grain Advisory Leader will provide essential leadership and development capabilities to high performing territory teams which exemplify the skills needed to enable customer profitability. In this role, you will develop advisory plans linked to the overall strategy of the business to drive results and ensure that sales and marketing processes and tools are implemented consistently and continuously improved. You will think strategically, engage and inspire the team and be equipped to develop our talent.
- Set team and individual goals and develop the capabilities needed to deliver strategy linked to the utilization of customer segmentation information.
- Drive collaboration across other functions, notably merchandising, customer service and operations, to deliver on our strategy.
- Understand distinct customer segments and needs, value propositions designed for each segment and drive effective and consistent utilization of sales processes that maximizes the utility of our customer segmentation to appropriately identify needs and deliver value.
- Maintain a view of the talent needs within the territory and work jointly with senior leaders in the business on a talent strategy and a succession plan that aligns with the overall talent strategy of the business.
- Partner with other business leaders to achieve business level operating plans for the fiscal year, incorporating best practices to drive performance across the entire regional sales and origination team.
- Lead and develop a team, coach and make decisions related to talent management, hiring, performance, and disciplinary actions.
- Other duties as assigned.
Please notify your manager before applying.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum of four years of related work experience
- Ability to travel 30%
- Two years of supervisory experience
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.