Unmanned Systems Operator II
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who use new technologies, dynamic insights and over 154 years of experience to connect farmers with markets, customers with ingredients, and people and animals with the food they need to thrive.
JOB PURPOSE AND IMPACT
The Unmanned Systems Operator II will be responsible to execute and oversee the ground, flight and data processing operations during projects and will support the training of new unmanned systems operators. In this role, you will develop project plans to include flight planning, performing safety checks and troubleshooting mechanical equipment issues. You will be involved in making aeronautical decisions at the right time during each flight, which includes factoring in the weather, hazards, drone limitations, route or flight path, use and monitoring of telemetry data and automated flight software, energy or fuel management and technical requirements of the unmanned aircraft system. You will travel to regional sites and conduct missions required to collect information vital to company projects and operations.
- Provide safe and professional operations of unmanned aerial systems as a remote pilot in command at complex and dispersed locations to obtain project requirement data.
- Conduct flight and technology training sessions for small groups and perform demonstrations of technology capabilities when requested.
- Perform preflight, in flight and post flight tasks and safety checks and troubleshoot equipment issues as needed.
- Execute optimal solutions as an onsite project technician using data and image gathering technologies and effectively operate equipment such as small unmanned aerial systems, flight controllers and associated software and hardware.
- Monitor weather, navigation and airspace limitations to fulfill customer or project requirements.
- Perform compliance checks, airspace reviews, mission planning, mission debriefs and post project data processing and analysis.
- Independently solve moderately complex issues with minimal supervision, while escalating more complex issues to appropriate staff.
- Other duties as assigned
The expected salary for this position is $60,000.
This position is eligible for a discretionary incentive award. The incentive award amount is dependent upon company performance and your personal performance.
Full-Time (30+ hours) positions are eligible for a benefit package including the following (subject to certain collective bargaining agreements for Union positions): Paid time off; paid holidays; medical, vision and dental coverage; flexible spending accounts; life insurance; disability insurance; retirement savings; employee and family assistance program (EAP)
** This role can be performed remotely and/or at a remote location. *
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Unmanned aircraft system or remotely piloted aircraft system license required by governmental authority to fly unmanned aircraft commercially
- Minimum of 250 combined hours of flight time between manned or small unmanned aerial systems in a commercial or military setting
- Minimum of 100 hours of flight time in a commercial or military setting, operating small to large multi rotor and fixed wing drones; below 1,320 pounds, maximum takeoff weight
- Experience working with aircraft command to gather and execute mission information.
- Experience operating an unmanned aircraft system in various environments, weather and lighting conditions, used in a commercial operation
- Minimum of two years of related work experience
- Experience with various types of data imaging payload technology
- Experience with various flight controller and autopilot software
- Completion of training or a degree in aviation, agriculture or engineering
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.