Supply Chain Intern 2021
Imagine an internship where you get the chance to apply knowledge gained in the classroom to a real-life environment and then multiply that tenfold. From day one, you will be an integral part of the team. Internships are 12 weeks long, and we pride ourselves on having one of the most diverse internship programs in the industry. During the internship, you will tackle real challenges, cultivate your curiosity, have client exposure, enjoy both personal and team accomplishments and have your initiative acknowledged along the way. You will collaborate and build relationships with colleagues and clients who represent diverse work, culture and resolution styles. We look for people who want to grow, support, think and produce.
Supply Chain Internship:
The Supply Chain Intern is responsible for assisting with Cargill’s business goals to strategically source goods and services, decrease manufacturing time, minimize inventory, streamline order fulfillment and reduce cost, as we deliver products that meet our customers’ price and scheduling needs and improve our bottom line. In addition, the intern is given the opportunity to apply skills and gain an understanding of the Cargill organization through various Intern events.
A Supply Chain Intern will work in one of our diverse businesses in Cargill. The areas of possible opportunities include:
- Supply Chain Planning Intern: As a supply chain planning intern, you will be assigned projects and/or support our existing operations in one our businesses. Your project and work responsibilities may consist of a variety of areas in supply chain including demand planning, inventory management, supply chain planning, scheduling, all while gathering understanding of other functions of the business.
- Transportation and Logistics Intern: Key components of an internship in Cargill Transportation and Logistics will be logistics management and transportation coordination. You will gain exposure to equipment management, cost control, transportation coordination, deployment, and planning. You may also have involvement in areas such as commodity merchandising, customer service, operations planning, inventory management, freight bills, tariff/rate quotations, rate management, local plant logistics, and accounting.
- Sourcing & Procurement Intern: As an intern in Strategic Sourcing and Procurement, you will learn alongside our strategic sourcing team to drive stronger connectivity amongst Cargill’s businesses. You will provide analytical support, gather supplier and Cargill business data, and conduct marketplace research to better understand how to strategically source goods and services. During your time with us, you will learn how to work virtually with a global team and develop stronger relationship building and influencing skills, business and financial analysis capabilities, and strategic thinking.
- The business environment will continue to evolve, requiring talent that can deliver a competitive advantage through innovative solutions to business problems and knowledge of current trends in the marketplace and in technology.
- Exposure to transformational change through large-scale system and process implementations and the evolution of our business.
- Team-oriented, fast-paced, and hands-on.
- Cargill offers both housing assistance and relocation reimbursement to interns who qualify (based on mileage).
- Internships are paid and are at least 12 weeks in duration.
- Day-to-day transportation to and from work is the responsibility of the intern.
- Attend Intern Forum, an event held at Cargill headquarters in Minneapolis, MN, designed to give exposure to leadership and cross-functional interns from across the U.S.
- Interns who demonstrate exceptional performance and a curiosity to learn more may be offered a full-time position for the following year.
We promote a culture that celebrates differences. This is a reflection of the clients we serve and generates intellectually diverse employees. Cargill’s Business Resource Groups (BRGs) help us embrace our diversity, make our culture more inclusive and leverage our employees’ unique talents and perspectives to benefit our organization and employees.
- Asian Alliance Network
- Cargill Young Professionals Network
- Cargill Ability Network (iCAN)
- Cargill Ebony Council
- Group Responsible for Orienting and Welcoming (GROW)
- Hispanic-Latino Council
- Cargill Pride Network
- Veterans & Military Support Network
- Cargill Women’s Network
- Blair (Omaha), NE
- Eddyville, IA
- Kansas City, MO
- Minneapolis, MN
- Wichita, KS
- Other U.S. locations
- Pursuing a bachelor’s degree from an accredited program with a major or minor in supply chain, procurement, engineering, finance, economics, MIS, logistics, or another related business discipline, graduating between December 2021 and summer 2023
- Right to work in the U.S. that is not based solely on possession of a student visa or a visa sponsored by a third-party employer
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with individuals from diverse backgrounds and cultures
- Must be geographically flexible and willing to relocate for an internship opportunity anywhere in the U.S.
- Able to complete a 12-week internship in the summer (May/June - August 2021)
- Must possess a high degree of initiative and resourcefulness in completing work with limited guidance
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Previous internship or work-related experience
- Ability to demonstrate a strong aptitude for business
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated leadership skills and experience
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who use new technologies, dynamic insights and over 154 years of experience to connect farmers with markets, customers with ingredients, and people and animals with the food they need to thrive.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or disability status.
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.