Pricing Systems Tools Senior Specialist (Multiple working locations in Europe or US)
Position Purpose & Summary
Briefly explain the general purpose of the position.
The Commercial Excellence (CE) ANH Global organization supports the three business groups of ANH – Cargill Animal Nutrition, Cargill Aqua Nutrition, and Cargill Health Technologies – towards driving up commercial excellence capabilities to increase value creation for our customers and capturing this value through best-in-class pricing.
The Pricing Systems & Tools Senior Specialist is a member of the Strategic Pricing team within the global CE organization and reports to the Strategic Pricing Director. They define, deploy and integrate the right solution set of pricing tools (for PO&M and CPQ) to our global ANH organization, while considering the most feasible technology for each market cluster. They work closely with the in-market pricing teams to improve efficiency and precision in the pricing process and thereby driving profitability.
Define solutions by market cluster
- Cluster markets by pricing needs and market characteristics (e.g. market size and profitability potential, product/species/segments mix, complexity of price build-up)
- Evaluate existing solutions in the market versus pricing needs and consider feasibility of customized/own-developed, low-tech solutions for smaller market clusters with reduced needs
- Design most feasible solution for each market needs cluster
- Pilot pricing software by market cluster and refine
Deploy and integrate standard pricing software solutions
- Plan and manage deployment of standard pricing solution by respective market cluster
- Manage integration with ERP (SAP), CRM, etc.
- Support in-market team in parametrization of pricing software
- Train in-market organization and build-up PO&M and CPQ capabilities
Deploy and integrate customized pricing tool
- Drive development of customized pricing solution and deploy in smaller market clusters
- Design and deploy scenario for integration of customized pricing tool
- Train in-market pricing team and establish continuous feedback loop for further refinement of customized solution
- Continuously monitor market pricing needs and potential decision to switch to standard pricing software
Manage change and drive improvements to Pricing Systems & Tools
- Pro-actively drive refinements in the solutions to reflect for changed needs
- Refine and adapt pricing processes and integration scenario (e.g. when migrating SAP blueprint)
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a Business Information Technology or Computer Science related field;
- 5-7+ years professional experience in working experience, ideally within pricing and deployment of PM&O and CPQ software;
- Proven track record of execution on pricing software deployment;
- Experience in setting-up the processes, governance and technological infrastructure for efficient use of PM&O and CPQ solutions
- Project experience in integrating pricing software in an SAP ERP and/or HANA scenario;
- Track record of managing development of smaller scale individually customized pricing tools (e.g. in Excel, Alteryx)
- Demonstrated ability to drive and lead change in complex global organizations with competing priorities;
- Strong communication and influencing skills;
- Ability to reach to a decision with a less than perfect fact base;
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships with key business leaders and be a key thought leader;
- Excellent time management, prioritization and organizational skills.
- Working knowledge in SAP-SD
- MBA or Master’s degree in Business Information Technology or Computer Science related field;
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Excel and pricing tools
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.