Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 155,000 employees who use new technologies, dynamic insights and over 154 years of experience to connect farmers with markets, customers with ingredients, and people and animals with the food they need to thrive.
Job Purpose and Impact
As the Governance Lead for Information Security, you will manage and support activities related to the governance of technology risk management by elevating and sustaining our governance strategy, creating a foundation of Technology Governance for Cargill. In this role, you will be responsible for measuring actions, progress and results to identify risks and work with stakeholders to prioritize risk reduction activities. By independently consulting with senior managers, technical experts, third parties, and other key stakeholders, you will leverage industry standards that align with their control objectives and requirements regarding governance of technology risk management.
- Drive implementation of technology risk and controls governance programs, supporting activities required to achieve or exceed expected results
- Participate in the development and execution of compliance initiatives, ensuring appropriate process, procedures and controls are designed, implemented, or remediated to meet audit and compliance expectations, operating efficiency goals, business objectives and sustainability targets
- Consult and advise on complex risk and security matters, collaborate with technology analysts across all areas and departments of the company on common risks optimizing and coordinating remediation activities
- Lead the validation and monitoring of ongoing risk and security solutions, processes or policies using in depth understanding of risk and security practices and procedures
- Conduct periodic reviews, manage timelines to fulfill control requirements and provide sponsors and stakeholders with routine status updates, actively communicate issues and threats in line with leadership objectives
- Manage complex issues with minimal supervision, escalating the most critical issues to appropriate staff
- Other duties and assigned
Bachelor’s Degree in information technology, cybersecurity, computer science, or related field or equivalent experience
Minimum of four years of cybersecurity, risk management, audit, governance, or related work experience
Demonstrated experience in IT Governance and Compliance
Experience in setting up a specific Governance program in a large organization
Strong knowledge and experience in Program Management
Cargill highly encourages vaccinations but does not mandate at this time. Upon hire, you will be asked to provide your vaccination status, and if unvaccinated or if you choose not to disclose, you would be expected to follow Cargill’s safety protocols for unvaccinated employees (i.e., mask mandates, and social distancing).
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.