Global Food Service Category Marketing Manager
Cargill’s global edible oil solutions business has more than 8,000 employees at more than 50 facilities in 20 countries. Fueled by our culture, values and strategy, we aspire to be the leading global provider of edible oils and nutrition for the world's growing population. Our vision: we will grow to be the most globally relevant and trusted partner in edible oil solutions. Our direction: we will win by building distinct capabilities and a culture that creates deep customer intimacy and value, enabling opportunities for healthier lives and sustainable growth. We offer a range of products and solutions to foodservice, retail, manufacturing and distribution customers around the world, touching the lives of billions of people every day. By understanding the world around us and listening intently to our customers, we are ready to solve their biggest challenges successfully and sustainably.
JOB PURPOSE AND IMPACT
The Global Food Service Category Marketing Manager will create value for the global category by providing thought leadership into identifying, developing and leading world class business to business marketing initiatives delivered through a cross functional, global, virtual team. In this role, you will develop and apply in depth knowledge of business drivers and category offerings and identify compelling value propositions that resonate with customers and deliver business goals.
- Provide marketing thought leadership into the development of the long term, global strategy and annual functional plans for the product category.
- Understand and apply market dynamics, customer needs, competitor intelligence and consumer behaviors to identify opportunities for value capture.
- Drive innovation by translating outside market and category trends and insights into tangible, value add business opportunities, ensuring the category project portfolio is balanced and spans both tactical and strategic timeframes.
- Partner collaboratively with the regional marketing teams to create category specific marketing strategic, tactical and communications plans.
- Partner collaboratively in the creation of launch materials and training, including full infrastructure for launch and develop strong engagement plans for initiatives, working globally across functions to deliver results, measured against key performance indicators.
- Build and maintain critical relationships with key decision makers and stakeholders both internally and externally.
- Provide marketing updates to key stakeholders to keep them apprised of major consumer trends and technical, regulatory and manufacturing influences on current and potential product ranges.
- Provide expert thought leadership in your field and work with limited direction, using additional research and interpretation to identify issues or problems. You may provide direction to supporting team members and be a strategic contributor.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum of six years of related work experience
- Master's degree or master of business administration in marketing
- Minimum of eight years of related work experience
- Food, business to business or business to customer industry experience
- Digital and social media marketing experience
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.