Global Consumer Insights Manager
Cargill’s global edible oil solutions business has more than 8,000 employees at more than 50 facilities in 20 countries. Fueled by our culture, values and strategy, we aspire to be the leading global provider of edible oils and nutrition for the world's growing population. Our vision: we will grow to be the most globally relevant and trusted partner in edible oil solutions. Our direction: we will win by building distinct capabilities and a culture that creates deep customer intimacy and value, enabling opportunities for healthier lives and sustainable growth. We offer a range of products and solutions to foodservice, retail, manufacturing and distribution customers around the world, touching the lives of billions of people every day. By understanding the world around us and listening intently to our customers, we are ready to solve their biggest challenges successfully and sustainably.
JOB PURPOSE AND IMPACT
The Global Consumer Insights Manager will provide advanced knowledge for the consumer insights development process that drives the direction of category strategy, the innovation pipeline and value proposition development. In this role, you will plan, direct, control, conduct and analyze customer oriented market research activities to understand potential customers, markets and consumers for our products and services. You will lead with consumer insights to develop consumer led innovation to ensure collaborative, value added partnerships with our customers.
- Drive the development of a consumer insights generation framework and build the insights capability within the marketing team.
- Discover customer needs by utilizing consumer insights as a basis for building value propositions and differentiating solutions, leveraging insights as a competitive advantage tool.
- Research market conditions to identify potential sales of product and provide research consultation, direction, project planning and implementation to deliver consumer insights and identify business opportunities.
- Collect, analyze and interpret marketplace trends and competitive and customer data to independently create marketing and product development strategies.
- Lead custom, primary research to develop insight based ideas from idea generation through product development.
- Provide expert thought leadership in your field and work with limited direction, using additional research and interpretation to identify issues or problems. You may provide direction to supporting team members and be a strategic contributor.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Business to business or business to customer experience in the food industry
- Track record in delivering business value by translating insights into tangible business opportunities
- Minimum of six years of related work experience
- Master's degree or master of business administration in marketing
- Minimum of eight years of related work experience
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.