Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who use new technologies, dynamic insights and over 154 years of experience to connect farmers with markets, customers with ingredients, and people and animals with the food they need to thrive.
JOB PURPOSE AND IMPACT
The Data Strategist Consultant III will responsible for working across and within all of the towers of the data function. You will spend time participating in data strategy, prioritization and sequencing of investments, technical architecture and analytics use cases. You will help drive process standardization and data management capabilities across Cargill.
- Works across all areas of the function to ensure alignment to strategy and priority
- Contributes to the overall data strategy for Cargill including data monetization, data movement, storage, retention, taxonomy, etc.
- Works to bring out prioritization needs “in-between” our “outside of” the existing Data Function Towers.
- Partners closely with the Product Engineering and Architecture Leader and Enterprise Architecture to drive and align on a consistent data architecture.
- Participates in the overall data governance process.
- Provide expert consultative guidance for and initiate strategic long-rang goals and objectives. You may provide direction to lower-level team members and be a key contributor.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum of eight years of related work experience
- Familiarity with modern technologies
- Experience managing cost, quality and schedule controls
- Ability to understand business requirements and identify data patterns, trends and risks
- Ability to break down complex issues
- Masters degree with relevant experience in a Global Data Function.
- Strong influencing and stakeholder management skills
- Makes sense of complex, high quantity, and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
- Holds self and others accountable to meet commitments.
- Knows the most effective and efficient processes to get things done, with a focus on continuous improvement.
PRIOR BENEFICIAL EXPERIENCES
- Experience across in Data Management, Data Technologies, Meta Data Master Data Management and Analytics
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES TO BE GAINED
- Facilitate the creation and execution of the strategy for running the Data function.
- Provides strategic guidance for the prioritization process across Data function investments.
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.